LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Teacher or PTO/PTA Question - Poster Sized Printer

If you're a teacher, or on a PTO board, does your school have a printer specifically for printing poster-sized items and if so, brand and/or model? Do you like it? Does it get a lot of use? Is the ink crazy expensive and not worth it?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Definitely not. We have no space for anything.

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

They are expensive and quirky. Fedex Office/Kinko's is much easier and cheaper.

No poster printer for sure. I've been on a well-funded PTA board for many years and it's never even come up for discussion.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

My old school system had a teacher’s resource center that would do stuff like that. I have no idea of the printer specifics. I believe there was a per person limit per year.

Anyway, there was one but it was not located in any of the school’s, but in a district owned building that was used for a variety of purposes.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My school had one, and it was extremely old. It could only print in black and white and it would scan from a master that you put in it. It was not frequently used at all.

We just purchased one for our campus. Our new ELA curriculum instigated the purchase (many anchor charts).

We bought this one, but we only paid $655 for it. It is very similar to the one in our district materials lab.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I checked out the one we have at our district materials lab and spoke with our tech. The ink is just inkjet ink. To print 1 24" x 36" poster is the same as printing 6 pages.

We are going with the honor system to start. We'll see how it goes.