Default Did you make baby books for your kids?

And did you actually finish them when they were babies, or well after?

Good grief, my kids are 8 and 9. Their baby books are half finished (if that) and have long been stuffed in a closet that I am finally tackling. They are the kind with spaces to fill in milestones and add pictures. At the time I thought they were such cute books and I thought they'd be fun keepsakes. But I have to be honest with myself that I was probably never going to do this, especially when I had small babies! I am clearly not the scrapbooking type. So probably will just "finish" them as best I can and save them for them, even if half baked. That will be our legacy of our baby time... that we were too busy to actually finish anything!

Sigh. But maybe people don't really do baby books these days anyway, with so much captured electronically?

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by #2ontheway View Post
    And did you actually finish them when they were babies, or well after?

Good grief, my kids are 8 and 9. Their baby books are half finished (if that) and have long been stuffed in a closet that I am finally tackling. They are the kind with spaces to fill in milestones and add pictures. At the time I thought they were such cute books and I thought they'd be fun keepsakes. But I have to be honest with myself that I was probably never going to do this, especially when I had small babies! I am clearly not the scrapbooking type. So probably will just "finish" them as best I can and save them for them, even if half baked. That will be our legacy of our baby time... that we were too busy to actually finish anything!

Sigh. But maybe people don't really do baby books these days anyway, with so much captured electronically?
    I purchased a book for each of mine with some completed pages but my oldest is 15!! I actually plan on finishing them all this year (I have more time now that they’re all four in school full time) and they’ll receive them at Christmas time.

I don’t love scrapbooking but I do love the memories of having a scrapbook/album so I’m going to put in the effort.

I completely do not feel guilty that I didn’t have enough time when they were tiny. Those were rough years. I’m happy to be on the other side of that and will record those moments the best I can after the fact knowing the record won’t be perfect.

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I made them each a shutterfly book of their first year. We were looking at DD2, and I put the wrong year for her birthday, I guess I need a redo! Poor second kid, the first had all kinds of baby memorabilia. The second gets a photo book with the wrong date!
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We should have a “late baby book” support group and tackle them together, sharing strategies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Nope! I meant to but with two kids that didn’t STTN until 18 mos and 6 years (yup 6 yrs!!) I never got around to it. My goal this year is to tackle my digital pictures and make books for each year of their lives working backwards. They’re 11 and 9 now!!

No, but I did shutterfly photo books for the first year and I did it after. I never liked baby books because there are some things that aren't applicable, other things you'd like to put in, but no place for it. My mom had one for me ... has a picture and one page filled out. But she did have her handwritten pregnancy doctor record where I can see that at 9 months pregnant, she weighed a tiny bit more than what I do now ... and I'm neither pregnant nor overweight! My friend's mom also kept hers that she shared on FB. They really did not gain much pregnancy weight back then!

Somehow I managed to do one for both kids. At least through the first year or so. Photo albums stopped when DD was 5 I think or maybe younger. That’s what I need to put together at some point. Maybe when I retire????
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."