Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It was excellent! We'd go back over and over again and are watching prices for next year (summer vaca time is already spoken for). We walked to a bakery around the corner every morning, explored the city every day, and had some wonderful meals. We totally fell in love with Copenhagen.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. If you go back, especially if in warmer months, I encourage you to travel by train to Kalundborg, a small town on the coast, I lived there for a year, it's a magical little place. Or other places outside of the city or even over to Sweden. I lived in Copenhagen for about 6 weeks as well, never got tired of walking around the city streets.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    It was excellent! We'd go back over and over again and are watching prices for next year (summer vaca time is already spoken for). We walked to a bakery around the corner every morning, explored the city every day, and had some wonderful meals. We totally fell in love with Copenhagen.
    Cool! How did your Airbnb work? I now feel like a fuddy duddy for not falling in love with it like I was supposed to. I did enjoy the food, but found it expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Cool! How did your Airbnb work? I now feel like a fuddy duddy for not falling in love with it like I was supposed to. I did enjoy the food, but found it expensive. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Airbnb was excellent. It wasn't exactly posh, but was nice. Very sensible and clean. The view from the balcony was amazing. My only real gripe was flat pillows, but that's just preference. On NYE, we stood out there and watched fireworks from all over the city. It was in a very walkable location, which we also enjoyed. We had one kiddo on the couch, but that was fine. The food was pricey, but we're vegetarian / vegan so generally our meals are a bit cheaper, which helps.

Don't feel bad - we had a similar experience with Stockholm. I so wanted to love it. And I think maybe I could in a different time of year? It just didn't "work" for us this time. We'll try again sometime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2