Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is this the norm with soccer association??

So I'm relatively new to the soccer travel club world, and it just occurred to me which I'm now questioning whether it's the normal practice among soccer clubs. So help me out fellow soccer moms!

your soccer youth associations where they keep players game cards of their stats, games, etc to also keep copies of kids birth certificates too??? I understand our town club and in turn our state association want to see the kids birth certificates to authenticate the birthdays, but to actually keep it uploaded on their website though as well? If it is the norm for your area/state, what is the rationale behind it?
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have no idea if uploaded on website somewhere, but we turned in birth certificates. FYI - little league requires original birth certificates and they keep them! No copies.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes, this is a normal practice. DH is the manager for one DS’s team and we need copies of the bc.

This was normal with baseball.

Blame it on crazy ass parents/coaches trying to cheat by being deceptive about kids' ages.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Managers do no keep the BC on them but they are kept on file at the club. Player cards are handled by team mom and or coaches. If there is an issue the team has to produce the BC or copy to prove age.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For our league, we upload them to the league website ourselves. The coach/soccer association does not have a copy. I'm sure they can probably see it though if they log into the league's website.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our club keeps a copy of each kids' birth certificate. The club needs to provide the bc each year in order to renew the player's player pass. For us, it's easier to keep them and use it each year for registration then to track down the parents for a copy every single year.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sometimes they need them for tournaments too - easier to keep on file. The purpose is to prove age.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I refused to give a copy if a birth certificate to our LL since I had no idea what kind of security they had and that was a paper copy, not a web site! What is it with these people?! I said I’d be happy to show it to someone, but so wasn’t giving them I copy, and I am not paranoid about this stuff. If my son had been older and in a very competitive level, but he was in 4th grade and no one in our town was going to LL World Series. And I sure as heck would given to the for profit club team he talked us into doing one year. Stupid youth industrialized sports!

Edited: I’m sure some people with think I’m crazy, but children are great for identity theft and if happens all the time. If someone is asking to get a copy of the BC they should be able to give you information on how they will keep it secure and store it. Will they keep the BC forever? Do they have a schedule to delete or destroy documents? At the very least you can make a copy and blackout all info besides you child’s name and DOB. It will keep from being used and won’t have all info on there.
    Last edited by dogmom; 09-01-2019 at 08:25 AM.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I refused to give a copy if a birth certificate to our LL since I had no idea what kind of security they had and that was a paper copy, not a web site! What is it with these people?! I said I’d be happy to show it to someone, but so wasn’t giving them I copy, and I am not paranoid about this stuff. If my son had been older and in a very competitive level, but he was in 4th grade and no one in our town was going to LL World Series. And I sure as heck would given to the for profit club team he talked us into doing one year. Stupid youth industrialized sports!

Edited: I’m sure some people with think I’m crazy, but children are great for identity theft and if happens all the time. If someone is asking to get a copy of the BC they should be able to give you information on how they will keep it secure and store it. Will they keep the BC forever? Do they have a schedule to delete or destroy documents? At the very least you can make a copy and blackout all info besides you child’s name and DOB. It will keep from being used and won’t have all info on there.
    I’m not really paranoid either but I also wouldn’t give a copy without finding out how they will keep it secure. Otherwise, I would show it as needed.
    My kids have never been asked for theirs. Club level swim and rec soccer is what they’ve done.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast