Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Rude request

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,402

    Default

    Yes. My husband will be driving ONLY my kid home. She found someone else on the team (who also has an uninvited daughter) to do it for her! I wish I could say this was atypical of her but she’s all about friend collecting (quantity instead of quality) so she gets people to do stuff for her all the time.
    By the way before all this she invited us to a barbecue this weekend. She’s clueless! She will do favors if she can but she just has zero self awareness. I have been keeping my distance for years, really I have. She’s just everywhere because she’s THAT person in town who inserts herself into everyone’s lives (back to the friend collecting.) everyone is a “good friend” and there’s always a party at her house. Not my style at all so all that doesn’t help either!
    SAHM to:


  2. #12
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    CA.
    Posts
    21,790

    Default

    DS is 14 and has a saying, “That sounds like a you problem and not a me problem”.


    Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

  3. #13
    KpbS's Avatar
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,031

    Default

    “We won’t be able to carpool this week we’ve got _______ to get to afterwards!”

    That is pretty unbelievable and I wouldn’t let my kids hang out with them either.
    K

  4. #14
    ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Between the Ocean and the Desert
    Posts
    7,237

    Default

    That's crazy not to at the very least invite your child who's on the team with the other girls to get dropped off to join the hangout. At least extend the invite to be polite.
    Last edited by ha98ed14; 08-30-2019 at 08:30 AM.
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    7,465

    Default

    Lacks empathy and sounds like narcissism. There is a mom who used to ask that sort of stuff and I just said no.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    4,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by momof2girls View Post
    Yes. My husband will be driving ONLY my kid home. She found someone else on the team (who also has an uninvited daughter) to do it for her! I wish I could say this was atypical of her but she’s all about friend collecting (quantity instead of quality) so she gets people to do stuff for her all the time.
    By the way before all this she invited us to a barbecue this weekend. She’s clueless! She will do favors if she can but she just has zero self awareness. I have been keeping my distance for years, really I have. She’s just everywhere because she’s THAT person in town who inserts herself into everyone’s lives (back to the friend collecting.) everyone is a “good friend” and there’s always a party at her house. Not my style at all so all that doesn’t help either!
    This is such obnoxious behavior. Sadly, she gets away with it because too many people are nice/can't say no (which was often me in the past!). Over the past 10-15 years, I have been really trying to establish boundaries but my natural reply is always to say yes. I'm glad you put your foot down!

  7. #17
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,600

    Default

    Yuck!!! I've had something similar happen before though not quite as outrageous...classmate of DD's mom texted me one day in the middle of the workday asking would my kids be interested in a playdate...at OUR house? Because her older DD had some volleyball game that evening.

    I literally did not even respond until late that night and all I simply said was "I was at work all day and not able to respond." She has texted similar things a few other times and I've responded by either ignoring until the request wasn't valid anymore or simply saying "No, that won't work for us." Thankfully I've stopped getting texts like that. It was also clear she was texting anyone she knew to see who she could pawn her kid off on, because sometimes her responses to me were clearly for someone else, but related to the same thing.

    RUDE. How can people even think stuff like that is OK? I would definitely not be beyond ignoring that completely or just saying "No, that won't work for us."

  8. #18
    ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Between the Ocean and the Desert
    Posts
    7,237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Yuck!!! I've had something similar happen before though not quite as outrageous...classmate of DD's mom texted me one day in the middle of the workday asking would my kids be interested in a playdate...at OUR house? Because her older DD had some volleyball game that evening.

    I literally did not even respond until late that night and all I simply said was "I was at work all day and not able to respond." She has texted similar things a few other times and I've responded by either ignoring until the request wasn't valid anymore or simply saying "No, that won't work for us." Thankfully I've stopped getting texts like that. It was also clear she was texting anyone she knew to see who she could pawn her kid off on, because sometimes her responses to me were clearly for someone else, but related to the same thing.

    RUDE. How can people even think stuff like that is OK? I would definitely not be beyond ignoring that completely or just saying "No, that won't work for us."
    I actually don't mind someone ASKING me if I can take their kid (always friend of DD) for an afternoon, pick up after school, keep overnight, etc. to help out the parents. (Granted I have WFH PT for the past 6 years). What irritates me is when the request for help is couched as though they are DOING YOU A FAVOR. That's what annoys me. As though Sally is such a joy you would jump at the chance to have her.
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

  9. #19
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    12,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ha98ed14 View Post
    I actually don't mind someone ASKING me if I can take their kid (always friend of DD) for an afternoon, pick up after school, keep overnight, etc. to help out the parents. (Granted I have WFH PT for the past 6 years). What irritates me is when the request for help is couched as though they are DOING YOU A FAVOR. That's what annoys me. As though Sally is such a joy you would jump at the chance to have her.
    YES!!!! EXACTLY!!! It wouldn't have bothered me so much if she just asked. "If you're free this evening, would you mind if my DD goes to your house for a couple of hours? My older DD has a game that I would hate to drag younger my DD to. If that doesn't work, no worries!"

    This particular mom has also "forgotten" to pick her DD up from a playdate at our house so my threshold with her is very very low

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •