3isEnough is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Disney Streaming $4/mo, deal ends 9/2

A friend told me about it this morning and I just signed up. Disney has its own streaming service launching in November. If you sign up for the Disney fan club (it's free) at D23.com, they'll immediately send you a promo code to use on the Disney streaming service. The code enables you to sign up for a 3-year subscription for Disney streaming for $140, which amounts to $3.90/month. The code expires this Tues 9/2.

I haven't had time to research it all, but the gist of it is that Disney now owns 20th Century Fox, and their universe of offerings seems to include almost everything we watch - Disney stuff of course, plus ESPN, Marvel, Pixar, Hulu, Star Wars, etc. There's some info here https://www.tvguide.com/news/disney-...thing-to-know/ , but I haven't read it all.

I figured I'd sign up now and sort it out later. We're hoping to cut the cord soon and possibly keep Netflix and something else to complement Netflix, so this Disney streaming seemed to be a good "something else".

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the reminder! I heard about this recently but forgot all about it

I'm torn about this. $140 is a lot for a service that I don't know if we'll even like. But our family loves Disney and Marvel, so it's tempting.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 09-01-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I'm torn about this. $140 is a lot for a service that I don't know if we'll even like. But our family loves Disney and Marvel, so it's tempting.
    I know. I'm waiting on the code to arrive (and starting to wonder because I signed up last night). It's inevitable that we'll try the service but not totally certain about a three year commitment.

I did it. My code took over 24hrs to arrive, but, when it did, I paid the $140. I hope it’ll be worth it. My reasoning was that it’s really only $4/month, and I’d probably pay that in rental/on demand fees for some of the movies they have, so it’s likely to be worth it. And, we love Disney, so I bet there’ll be other things on there we’ll watch. And, I own Disney stock, so I’m enriching myself and adding to the kids’ college funds. (I’m a really talented rationalizer!) I also bet it’s possible to cancel and get some money back if I find we’re not using it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'm thinking about it. We're past a lot of Disney, but Marvel is good. There looks to be a $12.99 deal of Disney/ESPN/Hulu that might be more appealing to us. We have Hulu already.
    Kris

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I signed up. Looks like there will be enough content in the next few years to keep us interested. It took a few hours to get my email code. My credit card was charged immediately even though streaming service doesn't start until November. No refunds on early cancellations. If you are fans of Hulu and ESPN+, they offer that bundle for$12.99. We're on the cusp of cancelling Comcast cable (rubbing my hands gleefully). This will be a great addition to my Amazon Prime, Netflix and You Tube TV.

I took the plunge.

I have a Hulu subscription through Spotify. It is not commercial free. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Disney+ Hulu subscription will be commercial free.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!