Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Need family- friendly ski-in Airbnb or condo recs in Park city for March 2020

Based on great advice from the parents here, we have enjoyed a direct flight from Minneapolis to Steamboat Springs the last few spring breaks. The kids and Dh had a fantastic time skiing there and I enjoyed reading books by the fireplace all week. We were going to go again next spring until he realized that Delta is no longer offering a direct flight to Steamboat and it’s too pricy/doesn’t make sense for us to fly another way. Who knows, maybe he’s itching to try a new ski location.

I think I remember that the wise bbb parents had suggested Park City as a great ski destination for families but I can’t find the old threads. We take our all 4 kids with us and the kids always join the ski school whatever resort we go to. It’s has helped to be able to ski into it. Can anyone recommend Airbnb or VRBO condos for Park City that are ski-in and really nice? I don’t ski so I usually stay at the condo and read or work on my laptop so i would appreciate a pretty and comfy place. Bonus points if there is a shuttle there from the airport. We usually stay in and cook dinner in our apartment but I’d love a couple of yummy restaurant suggestions too.

All help is greatly appreciated!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Check out the site Ski Utah for all sorts of info. There are shuttles from the airport, the town and lifts have a great bus system and it’s super easy to get an Uber driver. You could ski all 3 resorts—Deer Valley doesn’t allow snow boards. You can even get a service that shops for your groceries and stocks the condo so it’s all set up when you arrive. I don’t know specifics on condos since i just ski and go home vs stay. But there are plenty of them
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I know a place that meets your criteria in Park City but it’s only 2BR, I think you may be looking for more?

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    I know a place that meets your criteria in Park City but it’s only 2BR, I think you may be looking for more?
    Thats really nice if you to post! But, yes, we need 3 bedrooms. Any suggestions on resorts?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Check out the site Ski Utah for all sorts of info. There are shuttles from the airport, the town and lifts have a great bus system and it’s super easy to get an Uber driver. You could ski all 3 resorts—Deer Valley doesn’t allow snow boards. You can even get a service that shops for your groceries and stocks the condo so it’s all set up when you arrive. I don’t know specifics on condos since i just ski and go home vs stay. But there are plenty of them
    Thank you so much for all your help. I redid my search again with some different words and pulled up a bunch of old threads with great advice from you, Daniele-ut, and some other bbb members. It sounds like there is a different, more down-to-earth vibe in the Canyons than in Deer Valley as well as better snow. Is that about accurate? If so, that would suit us well. We will be there for the skiing and great ski schools so if there isn’t much in the way of fancy restaurants, I’m ok with that. Dh is checking VRBO and airbnb tonight for condos.

Again, thanks for all the info you have given out throughout the years about skiing in SLC. It’s been really helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    oops, Dh said we should look into it. Do you mind sharing the name of the condo?

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I know of a 3BR in Granby, near Winter Park, which had great snow at the end of March. It’s a 20ish min drive to the slopes, but a neat house. We had a great time with a private instructor there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geophne is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We’ve stayed at the Wyndham Park City and really liked it. We’re going back in January. I don’t think that have 3br, but they have 2 br that sleeps 8. We got a great deal with Vacation Strategy for our upcoming stay.
    Mom to:
    the Doodler 9/08
    the Panda 12/11

The Canyons has plenty of condos on site. You could also stay at a condo in old town Park City--a lift goes into Old Town. The difficulty with staying in Old Town is that the restaurants are very crowded and its all very pricy. It is nice to walk to all sorts of things, though. On the flip side, staying at the Canyons is quieter and you can uber or bus to Old Town to walk amongst every thing. The Redstone Development is near the Canyons and has lots of mid price restaurants, a good grocery store, and a fun bowling alley--seriously. There are condos there. You would take the bus to the ski slopes. Or you can stay at the Canyons and uber/bus to Redstone.

Deer Valley has every luxury imaginable. But the Canyons/park city merger gives you so much terrain. Either Canyons or Park City ski schools are good--I've done both.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Thank you so much for all your help. I redid my search again with some different words and pulled up a bunch of old threads with great advice from you, Daniele-ut, and some other bbb members. It sounds like there is a different, more down-to-earth vibe in the Canyons than in Deer Valley as well as better snow. Is that about accurate? If so, that would suit us well. We will be there for the skiing and great ski schools so if there isn’t much in the way of fancy restaurants, I’m ok with that. Dh is checking VRBO and airbnb tonight for condos.

Again, thanks for all the info you have given out throughout the years about skiing in SLC. It’s been really helpful!

Not a local but we have skied in Park City lots of times with our kids. I wouldn't agree that the Canyons has the best snow - it is the lowest of the resorts so if temps go up they lose their snow first - can be a critical issue for spring break and we had trips where snow coverage was dicey in March (eating lunch everyday outside in a t-shirt at the top of DV (highest of the resorts) and facing mashed potato snow in the afternoons). Still fun, but I wouldn't have wanted to be even lower/hotter. It is super hard to know what you'll get for spring skiing and nowhere is a sure thing so I'm sure you're used to that variable.

All the areas have proximity to great dining and good ski schools. The Canyons and Deer Valley are both a little away from town but have their own on mountain dining options and easy access into Park City via shuttle. Park City itself has a million great dining options and it a great little town to wander around for a non-skier during the day.

It's been long enough since we have skied in Park City that I hesitate to recommend a specific condo, but there are tons of great options mid-mountain at DV and we've also stayed at several spots along the road between town and DV that were great and less than a five minute shuttle ride to the base (where you can valet everything so you aren't hauling it back and forth - used to be free not sure if it still is). We've never stayed in town or on mountain at Canyons or PCM because we preferred DV, and would just stay up that way and use the shuttle to ski elsewhere a day or two if we wanted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast