Default Children’s Place sizing?

Does anyone know if The Children’s Place bigger boy sizes run small? DS is a size 12 in tops, 10 in pants. He wears a large, generally, and that size (12/L) fits him but is a bit long. TCP divides their sizes 10/12 (L) and then 14 (XL). I’m worried the 10/12s might be small. He doesn’t like shirts that cling at all! Then again, the 14s might look ridiculously huge and hang to his knees! He always wears shirts untucked. What would you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Always seemed big to us v

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They seem to run big to me. Also, I’m used to Gymboree and crazy 8, but gave children’s place a try after those stores closed. The shirts seemed to be of super thin material, and my oldest stretched his out several inches in just one wear. Another shirt got a hole in the middle of the back. Not sure how that happened. Their button down shirts seemed to be better, but the t shirt type shirts just didn’t seem to be worth the price (and I bought them on sale)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

For girls I always found TCP ran small compared to Gymboree, Hanna Andersson, and The Gap. I always had to size up especially for shirts and dresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Luckily I found a TCP large top in his closet and had him try it on. It just fits now, so I ordered the size up. We’ll see. And I do agree that the quality is not great, though I’ve had trouble with more expensive brands, like Hanna Andersson, too. Their shirts always seem to get holes on the first day of wear! It hurts less when a cheap shirt bites the dust! In this case, though, it was a style issue. DS was disappointed with what other companies had on offer. He liked the TCP stuff, so TCP it is! We have to do all our shopping online, since, aside from Walmart and Target, the nearest kid’s clothing store is over an hour away.