NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Need help finding curvy dress pants!

A family member just told me that her long-time go-to pants for work have been discontinued ☹️ I’m hoping the short, curvy BBB'ers can help me some retain my title as "she who knows where to shop"!

She wears a 22WP, curvy fit (preferably tummy control, but curvy fit is crucial). Her professional outfits usually include plain black pants, jacket, shell, flat shoes. But now, pants are the problem!

For years, she could buy Macy's JM Collection basic curvy fit tummy control pants and know they would fit well. She has also had occasional success at Talbots etc but their curvy fit styles were harder to find. Nordstrom hasn’t had much in that combo of size, P/short length and curvy fit. Moderate price, washable are pluses.

So, any ideas? Until she finds a style that fits, she wants to try things on in person instead of ordering online. She lives in New England (where she is convinced there are fewer curvier women than here in NC, but shopping trips here aren’t always practical!). Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Talbots is my go to for curvy pants. You can't find them in the shop all the time--I just order 2 sizes, try them on and return what doesn't work. I have also decided that I may just have to find pants that fit in the hips but not the waist (waist is too big) and that I will get them altered. Also--she should try eBay or Amazon to see if she can find any of her pants there. I loved a certain style of Patagonia skirt that they stopped making and I was able to find more on those websites.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Loft offers curvy fit pants (their “Julie” cut) up to size 18 and in petite. However, they have a plus section that goes up to size 24 although those don’t appear available in petite. I’m a big fan of Loft pants for quality (some of their sweaters get pilly quickly though). Different style are just naturally curvy with a smaller waist and wider in the hips so your friend should stop by a Loft store to try some on. I’ve always had better luck with pants that have some pleats at the waist and taper to the ankle. They seem to give my ample butt and hips a little more room. If your friend can find a sales rep familiar with the different cuts of pants, that could make her search more fruitful. Good luck!

eta: I also have good luck usually at Talbots but I generally shop online there.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would recommend Limited or Loft.
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Sadly The Limited is out if business.

Have her try Talbots. I am not petite 5’6”, but sadly their pants don’t work for me, but I know others especially petites who swear by them. I am a 14-16 depending on the brand and have had good luck with Kut from the Kloth, Vince Camuto, and Ann Taylor (just ordered a bunch more to try as my old pairs were 5+ years old).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Sadly The Limited is out if business.
    They have an online-only presence through a store called Belk. Belk is a department store I've only seen mentioned on this board, I don't know where it's located or anything about them.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    They have an online-only presence through a store called Belk. Belk is a department store I've only seen mentioned on this board, I don't know where it's located or anything about them.
    Ooh I didn’t know that. I believe Belk is in the Carolinas and maybe Georgia and Florida I see it when there are SEC and ACC football games on as a sponsor of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Belk is a southern department store chain that is over 100 years old, with — if Wikipedia can be believed — 300 stores in 16 states. For years, it was THE place to shop in southern towns and small cities, a good solid mid-range store with good brands but definitely not "fashion forward." They’ve been trying to up their game, and their new motto is "modern. southern. style" (Yeah, that’ll bring new business in droves...) Their website is OK but not exciting.

I’ve actually bought lots of basics at Belk over the years — sometimes boring but good quality and decent prices are all you need!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I often am looking for an item online and Belk comes up, but their shipping charges are high and no free returns.

I thought the Limited had their own online store, and only online. The offerings for their reboot are not nearly as good as when it was an actual store. Reviews of their pants say they aren't the same fit or quality.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk