Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default UPDATE:Need a lasting Induction Fry Pan that won't break the bank. got any ideas?

Our wedding all-clad 10" skillet left years ago, and we really need a non-stick fry pan that size. I saw one at Aldi, and bought it, then sent it to my MIL's beach house that really needed one. Went back to replace it and the store was out. IKEA had one that starts with an O that looked good, but it had a handle that gets hot.

What other induction skillets are great and easy to cook with?

2nd update:
    The all clad B1 were SO slow to heat on the induction stove. I called to ask why, and the metal is not as pure. Finally I discovered their seconds/package-damage website. Homeandcooksales.net and waited until they had a sale scheduled. We are now very happy with an All-Clad 10” nonstick fry pan that seems perfect to us! It was much more expensive, but this website (which I found codes for after the fact on hip2save.com) got us what we needed for a decent discount.

UPDATE:

Still taking suggestions, but DH called me from work to ask me to please bring home some type of nonstick fry pan. After running through Homegoods, TJMaxx, Sam's and Costco in the last 24 hours, (and Sur la Table$$$) I ended up getting these with a 20% off coupon from BBB. They are heavier than my All-Clad Stainless, but they'll do for now. https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...d-anodized-set

I'm sure we will need another set (and a 12" soon) so feel free to drop more suggestions!
    Last edited by WatchingThemGrow; 10-12-2019 at 08:37 AM.

We have an induction stove and DH loves this nonstick pan. It says "cast iron" but it's far lighter than regular cast iron (we have 2 of those, too). It's unavailable on Amazon now but maybe you can find it elsewhere? He bought another one a few months ago for about $100 per our Amazon order history.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have been using Tramontina (sp?) brand with our induction cooktop. Pretty sure I got it at Walmart, full set was like $120. (This was 2nd place recommendation from America's Test Kitchen at the time, first was an All-Clad set for over $1k.)

I also managed to find an All-Clad induction non-stick fry pan recently at Marshalls for I think $50. I had one from Target but the bottom warped a bit so it wasn't fully in contact with the stovetop and took For.Ev.Er to cook stuff.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

bumping for update

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    bumping for update
    And bumping again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

How are your pans holding up? I’m in the market and looking for a recommendation. ��

Quote Originally Posted by urquie View Post
    How are your pans holding up? I’m in the market and looking for a recommendation. ��
    The 10" All-Clad Stainless pan is fine, except for where DH used an old melted OXO spatula that gave it some surface scratches. The non-stick coating is still intact. It just has some faint lines on it. grrr.

We decided that we needed a 12" nonstick stainless fry pan, so I actually ordered that one from homeandcooksales.net a few months ago and have been super happy with it also. I think it was a "seconds" because of a very slight scratch on the underside of the pan. I do love that we can fry an egg with nothing in the pan. We usually put a little something, but it's okay if we don't. I use both pans only on medium heat.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default UPDATE:Need a lasting Induction Fry Pan that won't break the bank. got any ideas?

Scanpan!! They’re not cheap but have out lasted everything else. We have a large and small skillet and then a pan like a wok but without the long handle. You can find them on sale

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 02-16-2020 at 09:18 PM.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Scanpan!! They’re not cheap but have out lasted everything else. We have a large and small skillet and then a pan like a wok but without the long handle. You can find them on sale

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Yes! I bought mine from Scanpan directly in November and love them. I bought a 9” pan, a 13” pan, a 3 qt. Non stick pot, and the 5 or 6 quart stock pot and I love all of them. The 9” pan and the stock pot were a set that was on clearance for $99 and I paid $79 each for the frying pan and the pot, which are from the professional line.

https://www.scanpan.com/february-cle...ze-Single~Size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast