Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default What's your favorite granite countertops cleaner which is safe?

What's your favorite granite countertops cleaner which is safe? Also after how long of sealing the counters can you use for food preparation? Do you need the clean them before using, after the sealing is done

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If you are using a company they will tell you how long to wait. I believe it is 24-48 hours. If you are sealing yourself the product instructions should tell you how long to wait. I typically don’t clean with anything other than water but Method does make a granite cleaner that I use occasionally. If I feel an area needs to be disinfected I either squirt some Purell on it or use a Clorox wipe.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just resealed my counters with Granite Gold. They have a daily cleaner I use (not daily) too. I usually just wash mine with a wet rag and then dry them (leaving water to dry on them can leave water spots). I use a 50/50 spray of alcohol and water when I want to sanitize the counters.

Oh, and the sealer I used said to wait 2 hours after sealing.

ETA: I'm not sure what you meant by "safe" (aka safe for the counters, or safe for the environment, or humans, or whichever) -- I'm confident what I used was safe for granite, as it's specifically for that. But I don't know about the rest, or even how good of a granite product it really is. We had just moved and I needed to do something ASAP and didn't have much time to research products. I've been happy with the results, though!
    Last edited by Liziz; 09-08-2019 at 02:38 PM.
    Lizi

I just clean with water and if I need to sanitize I use Seventh Generation wipes.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

When we had granite, I just used Norwex cleaning cloths and water. Occasionally I’d use a random spray. Our granite was super easy and never showed anything. Now we have quartz and it’s a PITA (but way prettier than our early 2000s granite.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I use the method granite spray when I clean them to make them shine. But most days I'm using my sink sponge with a little dish soap on it. But that doesn't leave it very shiny.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by almostmom View Post
    I use the method granite spray when I clean them to make them shine. But most days I'm using my sink sponge with a little dish soap on it. But that doesn't leave it very shiny.
    Yes this was our method and we had granite counters for 14 years. I never had to reseal it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We use Stonetech..the cucumber smell is awesome:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V99FR4...ing=UTF8&psc=1

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I make my own cleaner based on a recipe on Cleanmama.com. It’s super simple, inexpensive and I don’t worry about what ingredients are in it.

https://cleanmama.com/diy-cleaners-m...leaning-spray/

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I also use Method.

Another thing I do, which may be a bit weird, is use boiling water from a tea kettle. That super hot water on a cloth seems to get a great shine and maybe it's still hot enough to do some disinfecting. Definitely gets the sticky/dirty spots up!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast