View Poll Results: How often to do you pamper yourself?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • I never pamper myself.

6 18.75%
  • I pamper myself once/year or less.

9 28.13%
  • I pamper myself regularly.

8 25.00%
  • I don't pamper myself as much as I'd like because of time.

11 34.38%
  • I don't pamper myself as much as I'd like because of the cost.

10 31.25%
  • I don't pamper myself as much as I'd like because I don't want to.

3 9.38%
  • Obligatory other

2 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default How often do you pamper yourself?

DH took the kids on an extended outing today so I took the opportunity to use up 2 gift cards from past birthday presents (maybe 2-3 years ago). I got a pedicure and a facial today. It was AWESOME and made me realize I should try to do this more than once every 2-3 years. I am the kind of person who washes my face with soap and water and rarely moisturize/tone/whatever. The aesthetician did a hydrating facial and my face feels so nice.

At the nail salon, I added on the optional callus removal/softening treatment for $5 and now my feet feel nice, too. So I'm sitting here on my couch in my empty house marveling at how good I feel. I also only get my hair cut about 1-2/year and don't color it, so I'm pretty bad about almost all self-care. I don't do any other treatments (What else is there? Hair removal? Massage?).

Do other BBBers prioritize personal care? Is it just something you start doing again when your kids are older? My youngest is 10 now and can happily read on her own for hours, so it's not like I can't get away on the weekend. I think I'm going to try to book more regular appointments (maybe every 3 months? LOL). I'm also nearing my mid-40s and really need to up my skin care game as I'm getting sun spots now (so yes, I'm trying to remember to put on sunscreen every day!).

Poll coming.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Pedicures during summer months: every two weeks

Hair cuts and highlights: every 10-12 weeks

Manicures all year: twice a month, sometimes three times

Eyebrows: once a month.

I got a massage this year for back pain, probably last time was 15 years ago.

I never get facials, although I should. I see a derm once a year. I use skin products recommended by her.

I don’t think any of the above constitutes pampering. Just stuff that needs to get done to look normal. I can’t wear sandals at work, for example, without done toes.

I think of the gym as self care and am trying to prioritize that.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Or "Treat Yo Self!" As any Parks and Rec fans would call it

I don't really like manicures and pedicures but I do my own so things look pretty decent. I'm definitely lower down on the "put together" scale on those than I could be but they always look decent.

Hair cut- every 2 months
    Eyebrows- same
    Hair color- just a semi permanent color thing now to cover grays. I used to do highlights but don't love the upkeep. Got everything back to natural.

Massages are only ok and I don't go out of my way for them. Same with facials.

Love working out!

I'm with Snuggles. Treat Yo Self!

I'm all about a pedicure. My aesthetician introduced me to SNS for manis, and now I do that too. And I get my hair done. I get facials on an every-now-and-again schedule. Hair removal is an "as-needed" basis. Happy wife, happy life!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I know I’m odd in this, but I do not enjoy facials, massages, manicures, etc. at all so only do so when it’s a group of friends for a social thing. Pedicures, also not my favorite, but 2-3x in the summer, but I really take care of my feet and toenails well year round. Hair is a different level to me. I get it cut very regularly - I tend to do shorter in the summer and longer in the winter so exact varies - and highlights 2-3x a year. Agree that exercise is total self care to me.

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I haven't had a haircut in a while, but I am growing it out. I do color my hair, workout with free weights, and get toxins injected into my face every quarter (LOL). I do not consider these pampering though, just routine maintenance as I advance in age. Treating myself would be to go out with my husband and enjoy alone time with him, eat a glorious meal, and not have to clean up! I have a skin care regime that I use nightly, but again, that is to keep my skin healthy.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had my hair weaved and cut even while we were starving students. Does that count? Otherwise I mostly don’t do too much else. I find it stressful to find the time and money but find other ways to pamper myself! Buying a cute nail polish every so often makes me feel current and attractive.

Also, one of my regrets from the early years with kids was not prioritizing time in the morning to get myself ready and feeling cute with babies. Yes, I was home and not doing things that really depended on me looking professional but I honestly think having DH “watch” the kids every morning while I showered and styled myself up would have been a huge boost to my productivity and how I felt about my day. Just something I’ve discovered recently since my kids are all old enough that I now have uninterrupted time to do this!

I think you should know yourself and do what makes you feel whole and fabulous!!

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Pedicures during summer months: every two weeks

Hair cuts and highlights: every 10-12 weeks

Manicures all year: twice a month, sometimes three times

Eyebrows: once a month.

I got a massage this year for back pain, probably last time was 15 years ago.

I never get facials, although I should. I see a derm once a year. I use skin products recommended by her.

I don’t think any of the above constitutes pampering. Just stuff that needs to get done to look normal. I can’t wear sandals at work, for example, without done toes.

I think of the gym as self care and am trying to prioritize that.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    OMG!! You would die if you saw me, I guess.
    So far this calendar year I have had one haircut.
    I got a pedicure last summer.
    That's all I've done on your list of things to make a person look normal.

I also wear flip flops a lot and I don't care one single bit whether my toes are done, I know most people feel differently though and would think I'm gross.
    Last edited by petesgirl; 09-08-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

hillview is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

pedicure and manicure every 2 weeks
    massage every few weeks (I get migraines and find deep tissue massages work very well to keep them away)
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Default How often do you pamper yourself?

I’m really bad at this and now that all of my kids are in school, I’m going to start focusing on me.

I get a haircut and brow wax twice a year. (I definitely need to do the brows more often.). I don’t like manis or pedis, but I do my own toes in the summer. I had a few massages when I was pregnant. I do treat myself to lunch out occasionally. Once I get our old house sold and our new house all set, I’m going to figure out some sort of exercise routine. I’ve never had a facial (but I’m guessing I wouldn’t like it), and I’ve considered Botox but I’m scared. I do go see a therapist twice a month, and I guess that’s a type of “pampering.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast