Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default I hate the uncertainty Covid is causing in my planning!

I know this is trivial, but since the Dude Perfect tour has been reschedule for next summer, there are now tickets available. My kids LOVE them! It would be a great Christmas present, but the practical side of me tells me it's not going to happen next summer either and even if it does I don't know that I'd feel comfortable going because I don't know what's going to happen!! Would you feel comfortable purchasing tickets for a large indoor event for next summer?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes but I’d probably buy the extra insurance though ey usually offer

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

What is their cancellation policy?
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

I want to say yes, but honestly, I have no idea.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

At the rate we’re going, I wouldn’t unless they were refundable tickets.

I would not purchase non refundable tickets to anything unless it was very soon and I knew I would be going, or it was cheap enough I didn’t care about losing the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would buy if the refund policy matches your approach or is within your comfort zone of losing out on the money.

For example, what if they can and do have the concert but you aren't comfortable going? Can you sell the tickets?

I would also caution something like this as a Christmas present right now. Maybe purchase quietly and keep in your back pocket until day before so you are sure you can go and a sweet summer super because I love you gift. We gifted DD a trip to NYC and her ideal broadway show for her gigantic present (way way way over what we would normally do) for over spring break. The trip was to start the day everything shut down, super disappointing and not a gift I can redo. Because it was a big gift, she didn't really get anything else, but the gifting happened months before the decision not to go.

Good luck!

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by newnana View Post
    I would buy if the refund policy matches your approach or is within your comfort zone of losing out on the money.

For example, what if they can and do have the concert but you aren't comfortable going? Can you sell the tickets?

I would also caution something like this as a Christmas present right now. Maybe purchase quietly and keep in your back pocket until day before so you are sure you can go and a sweet summer super because I love you gift. We gifted DD a trip to NYC and her ideal broadway show for her gigantic present (way way way over what we would normally do) for over spring break. The trip was to start the day everything shut down, super disappointing and not a gift I can redo. Because it was a big gift, she didn't really get anything else, but the gifting happened months before the decision not to go.

Good luck!
    This still makes me so sad for your family! I remember how much planning went into that gift and how epic your trip was going to be. And how much you agonized over not going.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am such a planner too and I have just had to succumb to the fact that everything has to be last minute decisions right now. We have tickets for 2 concerts- one in July and one in September. They have both been rescheduled for the same months in 2021. We will go eventually so haven’t tried for a refund but I think they were offering them or at least a credit.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    I am such a planner too and I have just had to succumb to the fact that everything has to be last minute decisions right now. We have tickets for 2 concerts- one in July and one in September. They have both been rescheduled for the same months in 2021. We will go eventually so haven’t tried for a refund but I think they were offering them or at least a credit.
    You're right!! I know I have to deal with last minute planning, I'm just not good at it

Great point about not giving as a Christmas gift pp!! We probably won't buy tickets, it was just a dream that I could plan something I think

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast