View Poll Results: How often to do you pamper yourself?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • I never pamper myself.

6 18.75%
  • I pamper myself once/year or less.

9 28.13%
  • I pamper myself regularly.

8 25.00%
  • I don't pamper myself as much as I'd like because of time.

11 34.38%
  • I don't pamper myself as much as I'd like because of the cost.

10 31.25%
  • I don't pamper myself as much as I'd like because I don't want to.

3 9.38%
  • Obligatory other

2 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

*Hair cut every 8-10 weeks (no color)

*Bikini, and brow w/sugar wax monthly (I started the bikini wax on a regular basis just over a year ago and I wonder why I ever stopped, I used to get it done sporadically pre kids in my 20s....I have been brow waxing monthly since I was 18)

*pedicures every 3-4 weeks, sometimes I will go as long as 6 weeks. I do this all year because one week I could be wearing boots and the next week sandals or wedges.

*dip manicures for special occasions....I really love dip manicures but I can’t have them on all the time. I went monthly for four months from December to March this past year and my nails needed a good month or two to recover. I did it for my vacation in June, but I won’t do it again until probably Christmas. As much as I want to do it monthly I always feel like I want to see my own nails again.

*gym—need to go 3 to 4 times weekly, but I really need to work on that!

*I don’t get facials or massages. I did get a massage on our cruise and it was amazing and I could see myself doing it maybe once or twice a year.

*I buy good quality makeup, skincare, and hair care products so I definitely splurge in that department.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hair cut and colored every 6 weeks, religiously.
    Pedicures every 4-6 weeks, I go when either my nails get too long or the polish is starting to peel. I don't really enjoy them, but I enjoy the result of having nicely done toes without having to do it myself.
    Manicures - would love to do these, but even with the gel polish they only last a week or two and I can't afford to go that often!

Those are pretty much the only pampering things I do for myself.
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hair cut every 6 weeks (I wear it short so I have to go regularly) and highlight every 3rd cut.

Gel polish manicure every 3 weeks (I love how my nails looked polished and at home polish doesn't last more than 2 days...salon gel lasts 3 weeks).

Massage and/or facial...maybe once a year but only if I get a GC from DH.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2khj View Post
    Manicures - would love to do these, but even with the gel polish they only last a week or two and I can't afford to go that often!
    Agreed! I love the way my hands look and feel after a manicure, but regular polish last about 2 days for me, and the gel polish lasts about a week, so it isn't sustainable for me to have it done all the time. I do it every once in a while (less than once a year) for special occasions.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The only things I put into the "pampering" category are messages, facials, and spa visits. I do none of these because I don't care for them, don't get a big return on or don't want to waist the time.

Everything else is standard non negotiable maintenance that gets done on a monthly or 10 week basis:
    highlight and hair cut, brows, waxing, manicures (hate pedis and do my own), makeup and skin care purchases, clothing and shoe purchases, dermatology appts every 6 months and botox here and there.

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree that much of what you listed isn't pampering - it's maintenance. Whether you do it yourself or someone does it for you, it needs to get done. I get my hair cut/colored every 7 weeks (single process to cover grays). Mani/pedi once a month or so (don't get polish on fingernails b/c it chips; only for toes). Waxing every 6 weeks. I dye my own eyebrows and lashes every 4 weeks or so.

Don't do facials or massages unless on a girls trip or something like that (last one was 10 years ago) - I do consider facials and massages pampering.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I don't do much of that list at all.

Hair cut every 1-2 years or so. I grow it and cut it when I'm tired of it. I've never colored it.

I've had a handful of pedicures, but not in a few years. I don't really enjoy them, so don't feel pampered to get it.

I've never had a manicure and do not paint my nails. I've never had a facial either.

I do enjoy massages and try to get them 2-3 times a year. And I like to get together with friends. I have lunch with 2 regularly and dinner with another about once a month.
    Kris

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I get my hair cut about once a year. I got my nails done once but it's not my thing so I don't do that at all. I do go the chiro weekly but I don't consider that pampering, most like changing the oil so the car keeps running. I don't do facials or massages. I do watch tv, read books, and go shopping which I consider to be treats for me.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    OMG!! You would die if you saw me, I guess.
    So far this calendar year I have had one haircut.
    I got a pedicure last summer.
    That's all I've done on your list of things to make a person look normal.

I also wear flip flops a lot and I don't care one single bit whether my toes are done, I know most people feel differently though and would think I'm gross.
    No! Some looks are just more high maintenance than others. Everybody is different. My brows don’t grow much so I don’t even pluck or really even need to. But I do highlight my hair because it’s part of my look! I have beautiful friends that are much lower maintenance than I am, and friends that are much higher... it’s fun to find the balance that makes you happy.

OP here. Wow, this thread has been so eye-opening! I'm with petesgirl--I'm like a man compared to most of you! I get a pedicure 1-2/year when I want polish on my toes for a beach vacation, but otherwise just trim my own toenails. I don't bother polishing them myself.

I pluck my own eyebrows when I notice hair growing beneath my brows (once/month?). I don't wax. I get a manicure maybe once every 2-3 years (for special events like a wedding) because I use my hands for everything and always mess up a manicure on the same day. I only trim my hair 2/year or so (sometimes less). It's a convenient shoulder-length with long layers cut. I only wear makeup 1-2/year (for my annual family photo shoots and special events). Fortunately, I live in a very informal part of the country and work in a setting where women do NOT wear "full faces" of makeup. Most women I know wear some lipstick/lipgloss and maybe mascara, but it's always a very natural look.

I figure I save a ton of money (and time!) being so low maintenance. I do view pedicures, massages, and facials as pampering time, not "maintenance" because I don't see those as necessary at all.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast