DH took the kids on an extended outing today so I took the opportunity to use up 2 gift cards from past birthday presents (maybe 2-3 years ago). I got a pedicure and a facial today. It was AWESOME and made me realize I should try to do this more than once every 2-3 years. I am the kind of person who washes my face with soap and water and rarely moisturize/tone/whatever. The aesthetician did a hydrating facial and my face feels so nice.

At the nail salon, I added on the optional callus removal/softening treatment for $5 and now my feet feel nice, too. So I'm sitting here on my couch in my empty house marveling at how good I feel. I also only get my hair cut about 1-2/year and don't color it, so I'm pretty bad about almost all self-care. I don't do any other treatments (What else is there? Hair removal? Massage?).

Do other BBBers prioritize personal care? Is it just something you start doing again when your kids are older? My youngest is 10 now and can happily read on her own for hours, so it's not like I can't get away on the weekend. I think I'm going to try to book more regular appointments (maybe every 3 months? LOL). I'm also nearing my mid-40s and really need to up my skin care game as I'm getting sun spots now (so yes, I'm trying to remember to put on sunscreen every day!).

Poll coming.