View Poll Results: How often to do you pamper yourself?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • I never pamper myself.

6 18.75%
  • I pamper myself once/year or less.

9 28.13%
  • I pamper myself regularly.

8 25.00%
  • I don't pamper myself as much as I'd like because of time.

11 34.38%
  • I don't pamper myself as much as I'd like because of the cost.

10 31.25%
  • I don't pamper myself as much as I'd like because I don't want to.

3 9.38%
  • Obligatory other

2 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not sure what counts as "pampering," but I do the following:

--haircut every three months
    --spin class three days a week

I never do massages or facials. I just do my own exfoliating, face masks, etc at home. I also never do manicures or pedicures.

For me, pampering is a good lunch (not expensive, just good) with a friend. That is something I really enjoy.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Haircut and color/highlights every 4-6 weeks. I actually dislike this process and sort of dread it. Don’t like being touched, chit chat with my hair dresser, taking time to have the appointment, etc. Do it because I like the result. Get lots of compliments on my hair.

Eyebrows at a threading place in the nearby mall. Whenever whenever. My eyebrows aren’t all that thick anymore so it’s not a huge deal. Maybe once every 2 month? They are fast so it doesn’t annoy me too much.

Mani/pedi when my DD demands to . I don’t like it, can’t usually usually keep a manicure more than a few days anyway. Don’t think I got around to having my toes done this summer...but fwiw I don’t wear open toed shoes much and my toes are not gross to start with. On the other hand... DD loves this!!!

Now want to think about some more invasive things like Botox or peels or fillers etc. But haven’t moved beyond the precontemplation phase.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post

For me, pampering is a good lunch (not expensive, just good) with a friend. That is something I really enjoy.
    Same.
    Or just finding somewhere quiet and pretty to read uninterrupted

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Same.
    Or just finding somewhere quiet and pretty to read uninterrupted

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    This sounds heavenly!!

I guess it depends on what you consider pampering. For example, I am currently getting bikini waxes around once a month because my son is wanting to go swimming all the time, but I don't consider that pampering because it is not enjoyable at all. Pedicures are currently my main form of self pampering. I would guess I get around 5-6 a year? I got about a dozen massages when I was pregnant with DD and during the year after she was born, but haven't since then. It helped a lot with some pain I was having when I was pregnant though. And I bought another package after she was born because I had extra money in my FSA I needed to use up. I get my hair cut maybe twice a year at Super Cuts or similar.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hair-- trimmed and relaxed every 6-8 weeks.

Eyebrow threading-- probably every 2 months or so. I tweeze them pretty much daily in between threading appointments.

Manicure/Pedicure-- never had one in my life

Facials-- never (had 1 before my wedding). I do take care of my skin though and do peels/masks at home plus use daily serums, etc.

Massages-- I have a deep tissue massage therapist that I LOVE and is super cheap. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder blade right now so had a 90 minute massage with her on Fri and will go again next Fri. For some reason I get this pinched nerve in the same spot every few months and see her for it each time. So probably 3-4 times a year although I'd love to get a massage monthly to prevent aches and pains.

Coffee/breakfast with friends-- 2 times a month. I have 2 groups of mom friends that I try to schedule breakfast or coffee with monthly. One group is the moms of DS1's elementary school friends (6 of us) and the other group is the moms of DS2's friends (4 of us).

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I went from nothing to pretty often in the last year. DH travels and works long hours and we don’t have family nearby so everything kid / house related falls on me. I finally realized if I don’t make time it won’t happen. After 11 years as a SAHM putting myself last on the list I now have a spa day quarterly with a group of friends. We get facials / massages and then head out for lunch together. It’s heavenly!

I stopped having my nails done at a salon and I do my own now. At home pedicure lasts me 4 weeks and I can generally get 3 weeks out of my at home manicure. I get my hair done every 4 weeks now to cover my grays. It used to be 6 - 8 weeks.

Last spring I started prioritizing my fitness. I run 4 days a week, swim 5 days a week and work out with a trainer once a week. Some days I get to work out twice in one day. That means I’m cleaning up from breakfast and cooking dinner while my DC do homework after school but if I don’t work out while they’re at school I don’t get to do it. Kids just started back to school last week and I am planning to schedule in reading time during the day a couple of days a week too.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post

Coffee/breakfast with friends-- 2 times a month. I have 2 groups of mom friends that I try to schedule breakfast or coffee with monthly. One group is the moms of DS1's elementary school friends (6 of us) and the other group is the moms of DS2's friends (4 of us).

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    I love this. I need to set this up with each friend group of my DCs. It’s so nice to connect with the parents and helps facilitate keeping good fried connections for each kid.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    Haircut and color/highlights every 4-6 weeks. I actually dislike this process and sort of dread it. Don’t like being touched, chit chat with my hair dresser, taking time to have the appointment, etc. Do it because I like the result.
    Same! I get my hair relaxed a few times a year. I've been going to my stylist for 20 years and I like catching up with her. But I hate the process. It takes anywhere from 2.5 to 3 hours, so I'm always trying to squeeze it into a usually busy weekend. Sometimes I go during the week when I get off of work, which means I don't get home until 9 p.m. I like the results, but it doesn't feel much like "pampering." Same with getting my brows and lip waxed. Doesn't take much time, but it feels more like a necessity than something super relaxing.

I do enjoy a pedi and try to get one every two months. I don't do manis because I just chew on my nails. Facials are nice, but not something I really want to spend money on. And the thought of a massage icks me out, so I def don't do those.

Pampering to me is also meeting up with friends or just time in a coffee shop with a stack of magazines.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

I usually do my hair for cut and color every 6-8 weeks. It’s a bit of drive for me, so started to make time to meet up with my girlfriends for lunch afterwards.

Pedicure every 2-3 weeks from May-Oct and monthly rest of year. Likewise for bikini and leg waxing.

Facials-4 x a year. Once every season.

Also started to prioritize my fitness almost 2 years ago. Go OTF 3-4 a week and run 3x a week.

I don’t really enjoy all above but consider it as necessity part in taking care of myself& maintenance.

What I do really consider pampering is having massages every other month, meet up with different friends for brunch every 2-3 months. I did that more often during summer months as a lot of us have more flexible time.

I go away with 3 girlfriends every 6 months; last time was Key West and going to NYC for 2 nights later this month. That’s what I consider self care.

And to just sit at my favorite cozy coffee place with my kindle to read for solid 3-4 hours is another idea of heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast