Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I would also think about what it means in terms of lifestyle. I know my kids would have a tough time going from a house to a small apartment with no yard and lack of quiet spaces if we moved from where we are to a big city. Or are you thinking of living slightly outside the city and commuting in to work?
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

In a heartbeat. Great experience for kids and no language barrier. My niece and nephew have lived near London for five years for dad’s job and best thing they ever did. Really widened their world view and great community where they live. We love visiting and I understand why they want to stay post-job. Middle school ages now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I would be open to it but our personal circumstances would make it a challenge. I’ve got older kids, both on the autism spectrum, and I would be really concerned about educational and therapy concerns. It would be easier if they were a lot younger or neurotypical.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kijip View Post
    I would be open to it but our personal circumstances would make it a challenge. I’ve got older kids, both on the autism spectrum, and I would be really concerned about educational and therapy concerns. It would be easier if they were a lot younger or neurotypical.
    Hi Katie!I haven't 'seen' you in ages!!!
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

[QUOTE=kijip;4342874]I would be open to it but our personal circumstances would make it a challenge.../QUOTE]

Hi! It's so nice to see you posting again!

I have the same issue. I dream of moving to Ireland. (I was born in the US but am a citizen.) But my middle son has HFA, and school has been very rough for him. I homeschooled him for a while when it was completely intolerable. He's finally in a good place and is back in school. I wouldn't want to risk a big move and change in schools now. But in the OP's situation, I'd do it in a heartbeat!
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3