Default Backless booster

I thought I posted this already, but I guess not since I can't find it. When did you switch to a backless booster? My oldest is almost 9. 51 pounds and inches. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app

As long as the seatbelt fit is good, there is support (I.e. headrest) behind the head at least to the top of the ears, and the extra support from the sides isn’t needed in case of falling asleep, any time is fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS1 was about that age. He had to show me he could sit up correctly without the back. He no longer feel asleep in the car, even on long rides, so that was the major hurdle for us.

DS2 (8.5) is still in a HBB, and likely will be longer than DS1, because he is awful at sitting up correctly, even in a HBB!
    Quote Originally Posted by What'sHappening?! View Post
    I thought I posted this already, but I guess not since I can't find it. When did you switch to a backless booster? My oldest is almost 9. 51 pounds and inches. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

For occasional trips and trips in others cars my kids started using a backless booster when they were 5, but used a high back in our cars until around 9. Dd2 is almost 9/1/2 and now uses only a backless booster in our cars. She spent a few weeks in Wyoming with her grandparents and didn’t use a booster there. Her cousin who is six weeks younger has probably been out of a booster since he was 8 because that is the top end of the age scale, but really it is recommended that some kind of booster be used until 4’9” tall. I am waiting for Dd2 to hit 60 lbs so she can use the Safety 1st Incognito cushion. Dd1 used that until she was about 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)