Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    50,000 not 5,000, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Sorry, yes. But the 5 year date is the really important one.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    I still have my 2010 Mazda5.
    I own a 2015 Mazda5 with 58K. I have not had to replace the tires yet, but I bought it used with 32K miles. Not sure if previous owner ever replaced tires.

I do know that in 2012 Mazda completely redesigned the suspension system (among other things) since there were so many known issues with the suspension and struts of the older models. Maybe these known issues are contributing to unusual wear and tear on your tires?

https://www.truedelta.com/2010-Mazda...n-problems-173

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    I win!!! (The fewest miles prize, that is...) Since retirement, I drive much less than before. Also, in the last 5 years, I had several surgeries etc that resulted in a combined total of almost 12 months of not being able to drive. Even so, I guess it’s unusual that my 2013 Toyota Matrix has only a little over 8,000 miles

We just bought a 2011 car from an estate of someone i knew; 9600 miles! Garage kept, still smells new 😂

Original OP i hope you’re prorating the tires with the manufacture! Esp of they are rates for much more than you’re getting. My last 2 sets on my Sienna last around 20k and michelin sent me a check for proration!

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks for the replies.

As far as the above reply, the places I am buying tires are refusing to prorate them for me, stating it is something about how the car is wearing them out.

The negative camber issue is good information. My tire place had wondered if it was a camber issue and sent me someplace where they told me this was not the case. I will research more and then figure out if there is something I can do.

FWIW, I rotate and align on schedule.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

I have a similar issues with my Honda Odyssey. The tire people say the original tires are crappy and that minivans are very heavy and have car tires on them so they wear quickly. The solution is to pit on SUV tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I have a similar issues with my Honda Odyssey. The tire people say the original tires are crappy and that minivans are very heavy and have car tires on them so they wear quickly. The solution is to pit on SUV tires.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hmmn, I think the original tires probably lasted longer...not sure if I am getting SUV tires or not, but since my wear is more on the inside (and this has been noted) I don't know if that will solve the problem
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

As far as the above reply, the places I am buying tires are refusing to prorate them for me, stating it is something about how the car is wearing them out.

The negative camber issue is good information. My tire place had wondered if it was a camber issue and sent me someplace where they told me this was not the case. I will research more and then figure out if there is something I can do.

FWIW, I rotate and align on schedule.
    My tire shop did too - it's not them, it's the manufacture! Michelin, Twice, prorated them and sent me a check (for several hundred dollars each time!). The tire shop does have to provide pics I think or let the inspector check them. Shop was miffed I think that I went to Michelin myself because the shop said no! Screw them, who is the consumer here?

Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    My tire shop did too - it's not them, it's the manufacture! Michelin, Twice, prorated them and sent me a check (for several hundred dollars each time!). The tire shop does have to provide pics I think or let the inspector check them. Shop was miffed I think that I went to Michelin myself because the shop said no! Screw them, who is the consumer here?

Interesting! Well, too late for this past time..but I guess we will see about that next time.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have a 2015 Mazda5 and had a 2009 one before that. With my 2015 one I have 44,000 miles on it and got all new tires within the past year. I had replaced just 1 tire at one point that got a big nail in the sidewall but when a second tire hit something in the road and sheared off part of it, DH ended up just replacing all 4 tires. I'm not sure what he got. We haven't had any issues so far.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2