Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default If you still own a Mazda5...

I still have my 2010 Mazda5. It has less than 100,000 miles on it and plan to keep it for as long as it does not have major issues.

If you still have a Mazda5, what kind of tires do you buy and do you have any trouble? My tires have been wearing out--inside much more than outside--within 2 years. I have gotten alignments, rotated them regularly, and this does not seem to do help. Also, last time I had them replaced (beginning of summer), they told me they thought I needed my sensors replaced. I ignored that, but am wondering if anyone else had gotten there.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We had a 2009 Mazda5 up until winter 2018 but never had issues with the tires wearing out prematurely. We even had winter tires on separate wheels and no issues with those either. By sensors do they mean the tire pressue sensors?

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Interesting- I have a 2012 Mazda5 and have had to replace tires twice I think (and maybe an individual tire here or there with a flat.). I have around 65k on mine. It does seem like they wear out sooner than I would expect, I just had it done last week and the front tires looked really, really terrible. It's the only issue I have had with the car, and I'm not sure what would cause it.

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Looks like it might be a known negative camber issue. Here's thread on one of the Mazda forums.
    https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...Problem-Thread

Maybe try calling TireRack to see if they have recommendations for longer wearing tires? We've always had great luck with them.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

My in-laws had one, I'm not sure the year, but it was plagued by suspension problems. There's was mostly in the front, if I remember right. It didn't deter them from moving on to a Mazda6.

Google Mazda5 suspension problems, a lot does come up, not sure if it matches your issue.

http://www.carproblemzoo.com/mazda/m...n-problems.php

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    My in-laws had one, I'm not sure the year, but it was plagued by suspension problems. There's was mostly in the front, if I remember right. It didn't deter them from moving on to a Mazda6.

Google Mazda5 suspension problems, a lot does come up, not sure if it matches your issue.

http://www.carproblemzoo.com/mazda/m...n-problems.php
    My tires never had issues but the creaking and suspension stuff was miserable. They never could fix our 2010. I sunk too much money into it.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Everyone should change tires at 5000 miles or 5 years, regardless of how tires look. Physical examination does not suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Everyone should change tires at 5000 miles or 5 years, regardless of how tires look. Physical examination does not suffice.

50,000 not 5,000, right?

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ezcc View Post
    Interesting- I have a 2012 Mazda5 and have had to replace tires twice I think (and maybe an individual tire here or there with a flat.). I have around 65k on mine. It does seem like they wear out sooner than I would expect, I just had it done last week and the front tires looked really, really terrible. It's the only issue I have had with the car, and I'm not sure what would cause it.
    That's a lot of tires you are going through! I have 236k on my 2008 edge and never replace tires that frequently. I amazed at how few miles you all put on your vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    That's a lot of tires you are going through! I have 236k on my 2008 edge and never replace tires that frequently. I amazed at how few miles you all put on your vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I win!!! (The fewest miles prize, that is...) Since retirement, I drive much less than before. Also, in the last 5 years, I had several surgeries etc that resulted in a combined total of almost 12 months of not being able to drive. Even so, I guess it’s unusual that my 2013 Toyota Matrix has only a little over 8,000 miles

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast