Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Has anyone successfully used the IP as a slow cooker? I only have the basic IP, so not even sure if it has the "slow cooker" f(x).

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    Has anyone successfully used the IP as a slow cooker? I only have the basic IP, so not even sure if it has the "slow cooker" f(x).
    All the time and the only reason I bought an IP was because it could also be a slow cooker. On mine, the slow cook button is on the left.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    All the time and the only reason I bought an IP was because it could also be a slow cooker. On mine, the slow cook button is on the left.
    Any hints or caveats? I bought mine last year to replace my slow cooker, but I’m having so much fun with the pressure cooking that I haven’t used it that way yet...
    DS 2/09

Not really. Treat it like any slow cooker. My first SC was ugly green hand-me-down circa 1980s that I loved. Then it died and I replaced with an oval shaped (cannot remember brand) one that overcooked things and always left an over done taste even when I shaved hours off the time. The IP cooks like the old school one did so I don't have to adjust the times at all. I like that if something needs to be browned or sautéed prior to going into a slow cooker, I can do it in the IP with the saute function so all in one pot. I think when you put it on "slow cook" the default function is to set it at medium heat so you need to adjust it to low or high (typically 4 or 8 hours, respectively, in most recipes) and set the time. And make sure it is on vent release.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3