Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lisa928 View Post
    I was just about to post this recipe as my kids love it and we serve it over egg noddles.

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17...en-stroganoff/
    Do you think this recipe can be made with the cream of chicken soup? Or a substitute for cream of chicken soup? We aren't fans of crammed soup.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lisa928 View Post
    I was just about to post this recipe as my kids love it and we serve it over egg noddles.

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
    https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17...en-stroganoff/
    Will definitely try this one! My kids like cream cheese on bagels.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

This is the real recipe:
    https://www.wellplated.com/crock-pot-mexican-casserole/

This week when I made it I only had these ingredients:
    1 bottle Trader Joe’s enchilada sauce
    1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
    1 can black beans
    1 can kidney beans
    1 cup quinoa
    1/2 cup water

Cooked all day on low. Added shredded cheese and avocado to those who wanted it.

The kids ate so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gamma View Post
    Do you think this recipe can be made with the cream of chicken soup? Or a substitute for cream of chicken soup? We aren't fans of crammed soup.
    Yes you can make your own.

https://www.centercutcook.com/cream-soup-substitute/
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by gamma View Post
    We are also not fan of cream of __ soups but honestly with the Italian-style salad dressing mix and cream cheese you would never be able to taste it. Looking at the official recipe I never add the margarine and have not missed it. I also double and sometimes quadrupedal the recipe freezing leftovers in gallon ziploc bags frozen flat. I then thaw it the night before ad just reheat it in a saute pan.

My kids also love pulled pork that we server on sandwiches. I use a pork loin that I buy from Costco. Not the juiciest cut of pork (like a pork butt or pork shoulder) but for me it is a much more cleaner piece of meat for me to shred. I cut the large pork loin in half and fill the rest of the slow cooker with Coke (yes the soda). When fully cooked I take it out of the liquid to shred. Then when fully shredded I then mix with barbecue sauce and sometimes some of the leftover liquid in the slow cooker. Leftovers I freeze flat in gallon zipoc bags.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would by buy a huge ham for Christmas and Easter and cut up the leftovers and freeze them is 1-1/2 cup portions. My go to meal once a week on my 12 hr shifts would be a bean soup in my crockpot. I’d chop the celery/onions/carrots night before and throw them, 12 bean soup mix, chicken stock and frozen ham in at 5 am. Serve it with bought or refrigerator bake and serve rolls or croissants or cornbread. My son still requests bean soup. Runner up was pot of just beans (White, red, black, black eye peas) with rice cooker rice I set on timer. Now I do the beans in instant pot.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
    I would by buy a huge ham for Christmas and Easter and cut up the leftovers and freeze them is 1-1/2 cup portions. My go to meal once a week on my 12 hr shifts would be a bean soup in my crockpot. I’d chop the celery/onions/carrots night before and throw them, 12 bean soup mix, chicken stock and frozen ham in at 5 am. Serve it with bought or refrigerator bake and serve rolls or croissants or cornbread. My son still requests bean soup. Runner up was pot of just beans (White, red, black, black eye peas) with rice cooker rice I set on timer. Now I do the beans in instant pot.
    That sounds delicious to me! Doubt my kids would go for beans and I know my DH wouldn't, but I may make it just for myself for lunches
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    I just made this Creamy Lemon Parmesan Chicken tonight in the slow cooker and my kids both loved it. (I thought it was fine but I wasn't in love with it -- but a dinner with no complaints and requests for seconds pretty much makes me love any meal!)

https://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/sl...mesan-chicken/
    Thank you for passing on this recipe!! I made it and served over pasta with steamed broccoli on the side. Both kids LOVED it, and DD took it for lunch in her thermos!! Win!

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    Thank you for passing on this recipe!! I made it and served over pasta with steamed broccoli on the side. Both kids LOVED it, and DD took it for lunch in her thermos!! Win!
    Woohoo!!! Glad your kids like it!!
    Lizi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast