Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My daughter has SW Light French Gray in her room and I love it. It is a medium tone, but very neutral. One thing I would suggest along with painting samples in the room would be to hold some of the accessories you plan to use up next to the sample. I once painted a powder room a nice silvery gray, only to have it turn purple when I put lavender accessories in the room. Everyone who came over commented on my purple bathroom. It didn’t look awful, but definitely wasn’t what I was going for.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I love the warm greige we painted our basement- Requisite Gray by Sherwin Williams https://www.sherwin-williams.com/hom...ngColors&p=PS0

I just painted our kitchen Benjamin Moore Owl Gray. I love it! Very neutral and stays a true gray without looking beige or lavender.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    spoiled wife
    mom to gregarious DS1 1/11
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gcc2k View Post
    I just painted our kitchen Benjamin Moore Owl Gray. I love it! Very neutral and stays a true gray without looking beige or lavender.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This is the color we have in our main living area, dining room, and kitchen. If you go back to the Kylie M blog and read the gray color analyses, there's a link to a home that she did in Gray Owl. These pictures are pretty spot on with exactly how gray owl looks in our house - in the room with the most Southern exposure, less of the blue/green undertone comes through but we do see a little bit of that blue/green undertone (probably because of our large north-facing windows on the other side of the house, and the east-facing windows in the kitchen), especially as the light begins to fade in the evening and when we turn on artificial lights. It's a LOVELY color, but definitely try samples because all gray colors have some sort of undertone and which undertone you see (or don't see) depends a lot on the room you are putting it in, the colors of everything else in that room, the amount and type of natural light, and even what's outside the window providing that natural light (e.g. lots of greenery). Any of the lighter grays are going to be very influenced by the surroundings because of the amount of light they reflect back. We also have gray owl in our master bathroom (north/west exposure with mostly west) and it reads a pretty true gray with the very slightest watery-lake-green undertone. It's beautiful.

https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/open-...and-beautiful/
    Last edited by twowhat?; 09-15-2019 at 05:35 PM.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My master suite is In Benjamin Moore smoke embersa a very pretty light gray my entire main level is in sherwin Williams versatile gray which is lovely and coordinates well with most colors but has a definite taupe undertone
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2