Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can someone recommend a really pretty light grey paint for my 16 y/o DDs room?

I'm going to add in accents of purple which is her favorite color but want to keep the walls pretty neutral. Looking for something very soft, pretty and serene!
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

My realtor friend loves PPG whiskers.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

BM Balboa Mist - very light soft gray with some lavender undertones so will coordinate great with the accents but will still read as neutral. I have it in many rooms in my house and my office.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Grays are SO finicky. I love this analysis and having used 2 of the grays on the list, find it to be spot on. If you want it to stay light, stick with the higher LRVs (60s and higher).

https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/the-9...ng-undertones/

I'd start there, get samples of 2 that you think might work, and paint large samples on the walls, with a white border around each sample. Assess during the times of day that your DD spends the most time in her room.

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Both my kids have eternity by BM on some of their walls and I really love it. But that grey analysis is great!
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

Benjamin Moore Light Pewter

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ours is Agreeable Grey and I love it but definitely take a few samples and paint so you can see how it looks with the lighting in the room. We definitely made a few changes after we did that. Some rooms just really brought out the wrong things in a color we otherwise loved.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

we just painted our whole downstairs SW Passive. It was almost SW Colonnade Gray, which i honestly liked more because it's a little more brown-y as opposed to the slightly bluish leaning of Passive, but the Passive went better with the kitchen counter and backsplash. Upstairs, our master bath is BM Revere Pewter (which i believe is the BM version of Colonnade Gray).

BM Stonington grey

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have a ton of different grays on walls in our house, and for what you're looking for I agree with the PP that BM Balboa Mist would be a good fit. Also look at BM Cedar Key (less purple, but a nice soft gray).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast