Quote Originally Posted by ellies mom View Post
Did you want the full bullnose edge? If it helps, when we had our kitchen put in, I wanted a full bullnose. The counter guy recommended going with the demi-bullnose instead. He said that spills tend to “wrap around” the countertop and end up dripping onto the cabinets. I’m lazy so I took his advice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I actually hadn't decided but I was leaning toward an eased edge or maybe 1/4" round. I would have been fine with half bullnose because at least that shows a pretty thick edge but demi bullnose is way down on my list.

The outdoor countertop is highly visible from many windows in our house so it was worth it to get a nicer stone there. Anyway, it will be a visual point even though it won't be used nearly as much as our indoor kitchen, so basically, spills and such aren't as much of a concern.

Twowhat, there is already a very unique backsplash (stone, not tile) and it gives it a really great look so changing the backsplash is not an option. Also, there are two tiers to the countertop--the lower counter and the higher bar countertop which then has a round table off of it. It's quite a lot of stone but it is mostly at the tall bar height and that's why the edge seems so important. Having less overhang might be an option, but the contractor is making it sound like it isn't.