I need advice on a new countertop installation issue. We are putting in new countertops on an outdoor kitchen and bar area. For background--we did a lot of work in our patio area a few years ago but we didn't do the new countertops then as it was too expensive. Part of the expense of the project was demo-ing the old countertops--it was a more extensive project than just replacing countertops. Anyway, we decided to go ahead with the project of replacing the countertops.

Picking out the stone was a chore since most of the stone I liked didn't look good with the current stone on the kitchen area but I finally found a stone that worked with the current stone and had the look I wanted (the slabs I chose were not characteristic of this stone and had a much cleaner look than most of the slabs within this stone).

The installer cut the countertops in the wrong edge. It's definitely his fault. He says he can't change the edge, so he either has to get new stone or we keep the edge he did. I think he will pay for the cost of the new stone since it was his mistake.

Anyway, I really don't know the best way to resolve this. Even if he waives his entire installation fee (which he probably wouldn't), I still paid a lot for countertops that weren't exactly what I wanted (the edge is quite noticeable and is a very different look than what I wanted). If we get different stone, there is no guarantee that I will find slabs like I picked since they were not typical of the stone. Also, it seems like such a waste since the stone was already cut but maybe he can use them for some other project. He has already cut all the stone and it's ready to be installed and it's gorgeous (except for the edge). What to do?