Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

for kids working on school projects I'd go for a chromebook. Cheap and will likely be what they use at school. Our classes start a technology block with computers in 3rd grade. starts at 1-2x a week and increases to daily by 5th. In 6th grade each child is issued a chromebook.

Using it is pretty easy. Works mostly like a regular laptop with a smaller keyboard/screen
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    for kids working on school projects I'd go for a chromebook. Cheap and will likely be what they use at school. Our classes start a technology block with computers in 3rd grade. starts at 1-2x a week and increases to daily by 5th. In 6th grade each child is issued a chromebook.

Using it is pretty easy. Works mostly like a regular laptop with a smaller keyboard/screen

My kids are 9 and 11 (grades 4 and 6). Up until a few months ago, all we had in our house was a family iPad, and 2 work-issued laptops for me and DH. The girls were doing their school stuff on our work laptops, and that was NOT working well. I started looking into getting a family computer, and the kids convinced me to get a chrome book instead . It was about the best $300 we’ve spent. It was inexpensive, it’s super easy to use, resistant to viruses, and the kids use it all the time, since it’s what they use at school.
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

It doesn't seem like you use your laptop a lot so can't help with that (I'd be lost without mine), but I agree with the Chromebook for kids. We bought one last year around Black Friday for $200 and it is used exclusively for kids stuff which, at this age, is math and geography games and google docs for fun. It stays in my office.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4