Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wegman’s!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    You say that now...wait until you drink the (house brand, artificial coloring free) kool-aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeunc View Post
    You and me both! I am about an hour away the other direction and when I heard 3000 people I asked DH if they were giving away money!

I may add it to my list the next time I'm over that way.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

You say that now...wait until you drink the (house brand, artificial coloring free) kool-aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeunc View Post
    You and me both! I am about an hour away the other direction and when I heard 3000 people I asked DH if they were giving away money!
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post

I may add it to my list the next time I'm over that way.
    I live very close to the Raleigh Wegman's. I've been impatiently waiting as my Kroger that was so huge and easy to get in/out was closed The next nearest is the HT in North Hills and it's a nightmare.

Went yesterday morning and crowd was closer to normal. It is huge and beautiful. Reminds me of a cross between Kroger and Whole Foods. The beer/wine selection takes up a 1/4 of the store. Prices are great on Wegman's brands and market on most other things. Will be interesting to see how they tweak as they are able to get more market info. I'm sad they don't have fresh OJ - other than the insanely price cold pressed stuff. Will still have to over to TJs for that.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Every time I visit my SIL in the DC area I shop at Wegman's. She never does! I'm trying more to encourage her to go now that she has a toddler- it's a great place to shop with kids! I had both SIL's baby showers catered from there.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    ...I'm trying more to encourage her to go now that she has a toddler- it's a great place to shop with kids!...
    DD loves Wegmans and the staff at the store we shop regularly has marveled at being able to watch her grow up. (They are also EXTREMELY patient with her, from the folks who work at the coffee bar to the kids who run the checkouts to the folks who staff the catering desk ... oh, and the store manager, whose office she's just popped into on several occasions.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    I live very close to the Raleigh Wegman's. I've been impatiently waiting as my Kroger that was so huge and easy to get in/out was closed The next nearest is the HT in North Hills and it's a nightmare.

Went yesterday morning and crowd was closer to normal. It is huge and beautiful. Reminds me of a cross between Kroger and Whole Foods. The beer/wine selection takes up a 1/4 of the store. Prices are great on Wegman's brands and market on most other things. Will be interesting to see how they tweak as they are able to get more market info. I'm sad they don't have fresh OJ - other than the insanely price cold pressed stuff. Will still have to over to TJs for that.
    For those of you who have had Wegmans "invade" your market a while ago, which existing stores have suffered the most? I’m sure it depends on geography but I’m guessing that it’s probably the somewhat nicer stores. Around here, I think a lot of HT customers will at least give Wegmans a thorough try. (Maybe I’m biased, but the Kroger around here definitely seem a cut below HT although they’re trying — at least the stores are a lot cleaner than they used to be.)

For those in other areas, "HT" is Harris Teeter, a southern chain — you know, like Belk

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post
    Prices are great on Wegman's brands and market on most other things. Will be interesting to see how they tweak as they are able to get more market info.
    We discovered Wegmans when we saw a local news story which ranked them best in terms of prices. We had just moved back to the area and had never heard of them. I think they had been in the market for only a couple of years. That was 10 years ago, and they're still priced competitively. People say they're expensive, but they're not for every day items...they get you with their prepared foods and other fancy items.

Our Wegmans doesn't have fresh squeezed OJ, and neither does our Trader Joes. Do you mean the kind that the oranges move through the machine and squeezes into a container? I think only the big WF has it here.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

We discovered Wegmans when we saw a local news story which ranked them best in terms of prices. We had just moved back to the area and had never heard of them. I think they had been in the market for only a couple of years. That was 10 years ago, and they're still priced competitively. People say they're expensive, but they're not for every day items...they get you with their prepared foods and other fancy items.

Our Wegmans doesn't have fresh squeezed OJ, and neither does our Trader Joes. Do you mean the kind that the oranges move through the machine and squeezes into a container? I think only the big WF has it here.
    Not the cold pressed - thats $$$$. Just "fresh" and not pasteurized. Taste is miles apart and you lose most of the Vit C in the heating process. Our TJs has it - pic courtesy of google

fresh squeezed oj close up.JPG

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    For those of you who have had Wegmans "invade" your market a while ago, which existing stores have suffered the most? I’m sure it depends on geography but I’m guessing that it’s probably the somewhat nicer stores. Around here, I think a lot of HT customers will at least give Wegmans a thorough try. (Maybe I’m biased, but the Kroger around here definitely seem a cut below HT although they’re trying — at least the stores are a lot cleaner than they used to be.)

For those in other areas, "HT" is Harris Teeter, a southern chain — you know, like Belk

We were spoiled. Our Kroger was light years above most of the ones I was around! Huge natural area - great selection of organics. Really just like HT brand of stores but better. I think HT will suffer the most at least in the Raleigh area. Not sure about the locations that are more towards Chapel Hill area. It's kind of the most comparable to a full service concept and not a niche market like TJs or WF or even Fresh Market. Maybe pulls some of the demographic from Food Lion. Will be interesting to see. There's no less than 10 different grocery store chains in a 5 mile radius from me

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post

I can’t speak for others, but in my specific neighborhood when Wegmans opened the other main grocery store was Shoprite in town. They definitely suffered. That particular shoprite is the furthest away from me as I’m clear across town, but is only 5 mins from my in laws. I’ve shopped there for MIL and I’ve always hated that location/store! They don’t even try to do the basic upkeep, aisles is very narrow, etc. So when Wegmans was stealing the Shoprite base, they finally upped their game but is still far from an enjoyable trip.

However, I like the other Shoprite in my neighboring town as that is closer to me. So every Shoprite is different depending on management. And now over the years, Costco opened, Whole Food, and now TJ is opening soon. Shoprite definitely suffered more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Saw this news report yesterday and thought of this thread. Now THIS is some serious Wegmans love.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.syr...outputType=amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast