Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wegman’s!

Default Wegman’s!

At DD’s field hockey tournament and saw a Wegman’s nearby! It’s not our usual grocery store but I’ve been in one before and loved it. Definitely going to stop in after the game - what do you love to buy there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

prewashed and chopped escarole!

I know that's totally a weird thing, but I LOVE escarole but dislike washing and chopping it, love those bags to make escarole soup or pasta sauce. I've never seen it anywhere else.

I also like to wander around their cheese department, and their fish counter sometimes has some interesting things.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

First time I went, I had driven pretty far out of my way to get there so I had very high expectations based on some of the discussions on here and it fell a bit flat for me. I was a little underwhelmed with respect to the prices but everything was very fresh. They had a great selection of specialty cheeses and breads. Mostly, I bought gluten free items as they had plenty of those for a decent price. I think they also had the best prices on some cereals so I bought those. They've opened one closer but its still a bit of a hike and I only go if I'm in the area AND need GF stuff
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I like their bakery stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

What basil said about escarole! I make escarole soup often cuz it’s one of the few green vegetables my kids will eat gladly!

We love their lettuce wraps. Bakery items, the meatball and pork package in Sunday sauce is very popular in our house for nights I don’t have my homemade batch.

We love their brands on many stuff like
    fat free turkey deli,
    the fresh mixed peppers mini bag (kids eat it as their snack)
    Wegmans brand popcorn,
    their vegetable and cracked pepper crackers brand, their cheese counter,
    And we like their frozen seafood for quick nights,
    And their clams I buy on day of to make for dinner that evening
    their seltzer water
    Wegmans cranberry juice
    And their brand of pasta is a winner for us
    marinara sauce
    And many more. It’s my main grocery store as only live 10 mins from one of their locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do find Wegmans a mixed bag. They had one 30 min away, I didn’t go often. Then they put one in a mall 30 min away that’s nicer than the mall closer to me. So sometimes my DD likes to go there with her friend and I pick up dinner and a few things.
    Thinks I do like:
    Organic Teriyaki sauce
    Organic bread and butter pickles and the best I’ve ever had
    They do have a nice cheese selection, but now I have a cheese store next town over, so I don’t buy it there
    They have nice seafood in the one near me
    Organic chicken thighs vacuum packed
    Some of their baked goods, but it find them uneven
    They used to have a good trail mix bar. But people like me were mixing the expensive nuts and leaving the cheap stuff out, so no more
    Good loose tea selection by the ounce
    Produce is nice, but sometimes too big of packages for me

Thanks everyone! I ended up with some of their house ravioli, pasta sauces, and sliders!

The two cool (to me!) items I was excited to see were frozen chopped onions (major timesaver for Indian curry recipes!) and shredded Seriously Sharp cheddar cheese (again, big timesaver for one of my regular cheesy pasta recipes!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

I wish I had seen this earlier! Wegman's store brand is great. Their FYFGA (foods you feel good about) label is especially awesome. Their fresh chopped veggies, bakery, deli meats, and butcher shop are all awesome. In DC their prices are consistently among the lowest according to local news outlets (that's how we found out about them, we'd just moved back and there was a story on the local news about how they had the lowest prices. Plus they had carts with double seats for the twins!) You can definitely spend a lot if you go for their prepared foods, pre-chopped veggies, and other specialty items. Their selection is huge! If you just want run-of-the-mill products available everywhere I guess Wegmans isn't thrilling. Although again, their prices are competitive here. Love their huge wine and beer section. Good bakery too, and the fresh fish counter.

I feel like most stores offer 3-4 brands/types of items, but Wegmans offers 7-8 brands/types. "Gluten free? Huge section. Asian food? Huge section. Seafood...huge and fresh section! Fresh baker...oh and you want organic? Huge section."
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Next time you go, these are my staples:
    Wegmans Boneless Chicken Breast - $1.99lb every day.
    Eggs - 3 dozen for $3 or less
    basting oil - YUM
    Wegmans brand pesto
    boxed macaroni & cheese (in a pinch!) 49¢ or sometimes 33¢. Last year at Christmas butter was $1.99 or $1.88/lb. Actually all of their baking staples were MUCH cheaper than our regular grocery store.
    House brand cereals, cheap and delicious.
    the family size pack of already cut and cubed butternut squash. Can't wait another few weeks for that "season"

However we often go to eat dinner (the $10.50 large sub is HUGE) or we do the Burger Bar (delicious burgers, salads etc). Wegmans is new in our area (Northern NJ) in the last 18 months. They are also VERY generous with donations for events, causes, school stuff etc. which makes me want to support them even more.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You are all enticing me! We’re supposed to get a Wegman’s here, which will be the second or third in the state, “real soon now.” Original schedule would have had it open by now but the latest forecast I saw said summer 2020...

Whenever it opens, it will be less than 5 minutes away!!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast