jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default ISO Smallest running watch

I’m in the market for a running watch to track my mileage. I’m looking at Garmin but not sure which model I should get. I have tiny wrists so I’m looking for a small face and accurate distance recording. I also swim so I’m open to a watch that will record laps too but that would be a bonus not a necessity. Does anyone have one? How do you like it? Which model do you have? I love wearing a regular watch so I’m planning on just using this for the gym and running and regular watch otherwise. TIA

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I’m in the market for a running watch to track my mileage. I’m looking at Garmin but not sure which model I should get. I have tiny wrists so I’m looking for a small face and accurate distance recording. I also swim so I’m open to a watch that will record laps too but that would be a bonus not a necessity. Does anyone have one? How do you like it? Which model do you have? I love wearing a regular watch so I’m planning on just using this for the gym and running and regular watch otherwise. TIA
    We were looking at the Vivosport for DS. He currently has the kids version of the vivofit and we really love Garmin products. He's started running 5ks and his other one is getting old, so it's on our list of ideas for Christmas.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    We were looking at the Vivosport for DS. He currently has the kids version of the vivofit and we really love Garmin products. He's started running 5ks and his other one is getting old, so it's on our list of ideas for Christmas.
    My DS got this for Christmas and it was dead within 6 months. It wasn't a battery issue, it totally stopped working. It never really kept time when it was working. He's not hard on his stuff, and it is a known issue. We' upgraded him to a Vivomusic and it's worked much better. I doubt that the vivomusic is the smallest, but I don't think DS's usage was the issue.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Any reason you don’t want to get the Apple Watch? I got it as a birthday present and thought it was just arm candy but it’s the best thing ever. Tracks exercise, heart rate, etc etc. And also integrates with phone so that you can send and receive messages
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

DD (13) is a swimmer and loves her Apple Watch. Most of the teen swimmers have them to track their workouts. I have one too (but I’m not a swimmer), and my wrists are pretty small. I have the series 3 (smaller size), and it’s not overwhelming on my wrist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I went to the Apple store today to try on the Watch because I have the same concern...super tiny wrists. My wrists are 139 mm diameter. I though the watch would look completely ridiculous on me but I was pleasantly surprised. The 38mm watch looked just fine and if you get the dark frame colors, it doesn’t look quite as big. The lighter frame colors (aluminum and gold) actually made the watch look visually larger on my wrist. I mean, yes it’s a large watch face but I was surprised that it didn’t look totally ridiculous on my wrists. Anyway, I liked it so much I’m gonna bits the bullet. Their Nike sports strap and sport loop, as well as the Milanese loop, all fit my small wrists with room to go even smaller by a little bit.

eta: obviously if you don’t have an iPhone then this choice is out and that may be the case for you!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 10-04-2019 at 11:09 PM.