Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wegman’s!

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    Yes, they have many national brands plus their house brands. Although there are many things I prefer their house brand! I grew up with Wegmans, then we moved to several places without one and are now back in a town with one again, thank goodness!
    Ditto! I do shop at shop-rite for certain things that Wegmans doesn’t carry or prefer shop-rite brand. One item come to mind is the Italian sausage, Wegmans carry their own brand but we prefer shop-rite brand or our local small Italian deli.

Having that said, I say while Wegmans carry a lot of national brands, and in my 15 years living with Wegmans, my shopping was like 80 percent national brand to 20 percent Wegmans brand. Over the years, we’ve tried their brand version whenever it came out and all loved it. So cart is 80 percent Wegmans brand to 20 percent national brand. That’s how good Wegmans brand is to us.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Dumb question: does Wegman's have both house brands and national brands?
    I see others have already answered, but the reason 90% of our shopping is Wegmans brand stuff is because ... we often prefer Wegmans to the brand-name. For example, we (meaning DH, a longtime Kraft insistee) really like their box macaroni & cheese ... and we get it because a family pack of 12 is around $4 every day vs having to wait for Kraft to go on sale at ShopRite.

When Aldi's came to our area, I never tried it because the location was super-inconvenient, but my impression is that they only have house brands. ...
    We have Aldi right in town; I often buy stretch-the-budget things like take-and-bake pizzas, half-gallons of milk, and their version of Nutella. What I tend to recommend them for is bread (the one by me carries a lovely pre-sliced brioche loaf with either raisins or chocolate chips in that we use to make French toast; it's more than I pay for sandwich bread, but when comparing it to store-baked challah, it's a great deal!) and chocolates. We're also inclined to snag a bag of mini marshmallows there if we need one - why pay for name brand when they're all the same?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

News flash! The first Wegmans in NC opened this morning ... and there were already 3,000 people in line! Corporate spokesperson said it was their largest opening day crowd ever!!

There are FIVE more Wegmans "in the works" for central NC, but I think (hope?) the one near me is in the top 2 because there has already been a lot of work on the site.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

News flash! The first Wegmans in NC opened this morning ... and there were already 3,000 people in line! Corporate spokesperson said it was their largest opening day crowd ever!!

There are FIVE more Wegmans "in the works" for central NC, but I think (hope?) the one near me is in the top 2 because there has already been a lot of work on the site.

Oooh!! Enjoy!!! My Wegmans is on the older side, so no extras like burger bar, etc. Despite that, I still love my Wegmans! There’s couple other newer Wegmans but it’s 35 and 45 mins drive from me vs 5 mins from my older one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hooray! I’m from the Wegmans motherland and can’t imagine living without one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

People in my city are excited about your store. They would have to be handing out $100 bills for me to purposely drive over an hour to a dang grocery store. Lol
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    People in my city are excited about your store. They would have to be handing out $100 bills for me to purposely drive over an hour to a dang grocery store. Lol
    You would have thought that was what was happening here!! Holy moly - it was insanity. I was just trying to go to TJs and people were parking in that lot to walk over to Wegmans. Now I'm excited it is opened and will gladly shop there after the hysteria dies down. No way would why I subject myself to that kind of chaos over a store.

The memes being posted all over FB were hilarious though.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    Yes, they have many national brands plus their house brands. Although there are many things I prefer their house brand! I grew up with Wegmans, then we moved to several places without one and are now back in a town with one again, thank goodness!
    And their house brand is top notch! Most of their house brand is made/produced by national brands. Like some of their frozen veggies are produced by Birdseye and Green Giant, and I know that the Aldi gluten free nuggets and Wegmans house brand GF nuggets are made by the same company.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

They would have to be handing out $100 bills for me to purposely drive over an hour to a dang grocery store. Lol
    You say that now...wait until you drink the (house brand, artificial coloring free) kool-aid.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You and me both! I am about an hour away the other direction and when I heard 3000 people I asked DH if they were giving away money!
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast