Thread: Minneapolis

MSWR0319 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Minneapolis

We're taking the kids to a Timberwolves game in a few months and are trying to figure out the best hotel to stay at. Any suggestions? We'll just be there for one night. I'm reading about the skywalk and so I think maybe we can find a hotel where we can just walk through the Skywalk to the Target Center. Is that correct? Also, we're looking for kid friendly activities to do during the day. We're flying in one morning and then flying out late the next evening, so just a couple of activities should do.

I haven't stayed in a hotel in Minneapolis with kids but I think The Depot might be nice.

My favorite activities are going to Minnehaha Falls, which is a lovely park near the airport, going to the Sculpture Garden, walking across the Stone Arch Bridge and visiting the Gutheri Theater (there are some nice overlooks over the Mississippi here). Another favorite area is the Saint Anthony Main area just as you cross the Stone Arch Bridge. Most of that is just walking around and looking at stuff, but I just drag my kids along and we always have fun. There are Segway Tours near St Anthony Main.

Fun places to eat might be World Street Kitchen which is next to Milk Jam Creamery for ice cream in Uptown or Pig Ate My Pizza in Robbinsdale. Minnehaha Falls has a place to grab a bite and ice cream too.

I always like the Mall of America if it's too cold to walk around outside. There are lots of Skyways to get you to the Target Center but I prefer to walk outside because I get turned around easy in the Skyways.

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk