PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default I’m Such a Klutz!!

The other day I was carrying my son’s science project to school for him since it was a bit awkward and he had his hands full. Somehow I managed to trip on an uneven patch of the sidewalk and fell. Thank goodness, I was able to save his project, but as a result I messed my hand up pretty badly. I finally sucked it up and went to urgent care today. My ring and little finger are all sorts of crazy colors and still a bit swollen. To the doctor’s surprise nothing was broken from what she could see on the X-ray. She is going to have the radiologist look at it tomorrow to be sure though. Meanwhile she put my two fingers in a splint, and said it will just take some time. I don’t have time!! I have so much work to do plus grading and writing plans, and of course I injured the hand I write with. I just feel so stupid and embarrassed that I got hurt from walking on a sidewalk.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    The other day I was carrying my son’s science project to school for him since it was a bit awkward and he had his hands full. Somehow I managed to trip on an uneven patch of the sidewalk and fell. Thank goodness, I was able to save his project, but as a result I messed my hand up pretty badly. I finally sucked it up and went to urgent care today. My ring and little finger are all sorts of crazy colors and still a bit swollen. To the doctor’s surprise nothing was broken from what she could see on the X-ray. She is going to have the radiologist look at it tomorrow to be sure though. Meanwhile she put my two fingers in a splint, and said it will just take some time. I don’t have time!! I have so much work to do plus grading and writing plans, and of course I injured the hand I write with. I just feel so stupid and embarrassed that I got hurt from walking on a sidewalk.
    Skydiving...it was a skydiving accident. At least that’s what I said when I hurt my leg getting out of bed!!

Rest up. Modify how you do things, but definitely let your body heal

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Skydiving...it was a skydiving accident. At least that’s what I said when I hurt my leg getting out of bed!!

Rest up. Modify how you do things, but definitely let your body heal

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Yes, skydiving, that sounds good! lol

Teaching Kinder is not great for an injured hand. I had to get creative at tying shoe laces and opening up containers at lunch.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hoping you heal quickly! Ibuprofen is your friend--if you can take it. Sending big hugs!
    K

Little by little my finger/hand has been improving. My two fingers are a bit stiff from some swelling still, but at least I can bend them without much pain. I can hold a pen and write again. I just have to be careful because some random movements cause some pain. Ive been taking Advil, but now am only taking it at night, as that is when it is the most sore. You better believe I am super careful as I walk on the sidewalk now!