sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Anyone Ever Tried to Freeze Costco Strawberry Spread?

We like it, but it keeps ending up with mold in it. (As does most of our cheese. I think there's something wrong with either our fridge or our house.) Would it be okay frozen? Otherwise we don't get through the jar fast enough before it gets moldy. I could freeze it in more user-friendly sizes and defrost as needed for DD's sandwiches.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't see why it wouldn't work well. Cannot hurt to try it with an amount comparable to what would normally go bad, so you wouldn't necessarily waste it if it doesn't work out, right?
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have this spread and it never goes bad. I think we probably keep it for around 6 months? I am very careful about only using clean utensils to access. Not anything that has touched PB or butter or even the knife that I slice an English muffin with. Or I guess it could be your fridge. But I’d fix that before I start freezing jelly.

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    We have this spread and it never goes bad. I think we probably keep it for around 6 months? I am very careful about only using clean utensils to access. Not anything that has touched PB or butter or even the knife that I slice an English muffin with. Or I guess it could be your fridge. But I’d fix that before I start freezing jelly.
    My kids are FAR less careful and we also have no problem...

That said, make PBJ sandwiches and freeze them. Works great but test one and see what she thinks.
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.