MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Birthday gift help

My nephew is turning 6 soon and wants "hunting/camouflage, army, and fishing stuff". What the heck do I get him? I can only find junk hunting play sets and he goes fishing with his dad so he already has fishing equipment. I'm struggling here.

What about binoculars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A fishing net, they always want one, he may not have his own. Also, cabelas has a ton of fishing and Camo gear and clothing (sweatshirts etc.). I don't hunt or fish but we walked through and they have a lot of kids stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Yeah, go to a store like Cabella's or Bass Pro. Tons of Under Armour and other brands with stuff in that style. Maybe a fishing vest? Tackle gear? Just ask someone for some kid fishing ideas for X amount and they'll likely talk your ear off.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Do you have an Academy Sports nearby? They have a ton of hunting related gear. Also Walmart does this time of year too.

You could buy him a t-shirt, jacket, vest, hat, etc.
    K

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The Prodigal Brother got The Biscuit a good sleeping bag from REI for his birthday last year and it was a big hit. Other options include a good daypack, a mess kit (great for Scouts), a good water bottle for hiking, a Swiss Army knife, marshmellow toasting/hot dog roasting forks, a good compass and whistle, and the app that shows you constellations based upon GPS.
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Does he have his own tackle box? Even if he goes with his dad, he might get a kick out of his own stuff. Does he need a new pole?

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Yeah, go to a store like Cabella's or Bass Pro. Tons of Under Armour and other brands with stuff in that style. Maybe a fishing vest? Tackle gear? Just ask someone for some kid fishing ideas for X amount and they'll likely talk your ear off.
    My kid loves his fishing vest and uses it for Nerf too. My youngest got a camp snow suit from relatives a few years ago too and loved it for winter. Showed up on the snow versus blending!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would ask his parents if there's some particular fishing gear he wants. He may have a pole but want a better one...totally the type of thing parents might say no to but an nice aunty would spoil him with. I also like the binoculars idea.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!