Question Please recommend a 12-cup coffee maker!

I'm a bit overwhelmed with choices! We don't use one often- mostly when having friends and relatives over for birthday parties and such. I don't want to spend a ton, and don't necessarily need it to be stainless steel, though it seems like that's most of what's out there. Our old one had a glass carafe that shattered, so I'm tempted by the thermal ones...

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

We have a Cuisinart 14 cup coffee maker with a glass carafe that I love! I got it on sale for around $50. If you are only using it occasionally, I wouldn't spend a lot; the stainless carafes will be more cash than a glass carafe.

My main need was a coffee maker that either did not beep/beep could be silenced when coffee was done brewing.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes!! We had the Cuisinart Brew Central, and I loved it, except there was no way to turn off the beep! Clearly the designer did not have children, and the desperate need for coffee without waking the household.

We got rid of it for a $30 Mr. Coffee coffee maker from Costco which has been fine (and can be silenced).
    Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    We have a Cuisinart 14 cup coffee maker with a glass carafe that I love! I got it on sale for around $50. If you are only using it occasionally, I wouldn't spend a lot; the stainless carafes will be more cash than a glass carafe.

My main need was a coffee maker that either did not beep/beep could be silenced when coffee was done brewing.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

For your needs, just buy a cheap Black and Decker from Target or Amazon. You don't need anything fancier. I have one for those occasions and it does a perfectly adequate job and cost less than $30.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Please recommend a 12-cup coffee maker!

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    For your needs, just buy a cheap Black and Decker from Target or Amazon. You don't need anything fancier. I have one for those occasions and it does a perfectly adequate job and cost less than $30.
    Yes to this! We had one for 10 years or so before it finally died. I didn’t drink much coffee then and DH was fine drinking a pot over two days, but now I drink at least a travel mug a day of coffee. We then had a Cuisinart branded Keurig which was fine for about 6 years and it finally just died (a slow death, which lasted a good 18 months) and I just replaced it with a Ninja Coffee Bar (which we have work and I love). I did get the latest model from Kohl’s and it was just over $135 (after Kohls cash) with the glass container, but we will mainly be using it to make travel mugs of coffee and the full glass pot occasionally. The thermal carafe model was another $50 more and the only difference was the carafe so I went with the glass model and could eventually replace with the thermal if I decide I really want it.
    https://m.kohls.com/product/prd-3400...electShip=true

(It was $179 two weeks ago which was the same price as Amazon and BBB.....I always price check Kohl’s because sometimes they aren’t the best deal even with Kohl’s cash, but this time it was).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 09-17-2019 at 04:31 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)