erv917 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Saatva mattress anyone? Other mattress advice also appreciated!

I don’t know about everyone else but I find mattress shopping so difficult! So many different options at all different price points! It’s hard to tell in a 10 minute in store test what will actually be comfortable, and nearly impossible to know which mattresses will wear well.

I’m now strongly considering the Saatva mattress. Saatva appeals to me because I like the ease of ordering a mattress online but definitely prefer a traditional innerspring to foam. I also looked at the Avocado mattress and the Wink Bed. Both are a bit more expensive than Saatva, but I could perhaps be talked into them if someone had rave reviews!

I recently got a new mattress. It’s a Leesa (internet option although they partner with west elm so you can try them out there.). It is memory foam of some sort, and truthfully, it doesn’t feel much different from the traditional spring mattress I was sleeping on before. I’m a side sleeper and didn’t want something too firm. So far, no complaints. A good friend recommended Leesa.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

We have a Leesa too. My husband likes it, I do not. I much prefer the beauty rest mattress we had before. But I think mattresses are totally personal opinion, and I don’t think I will ever buy one again that I can’t try before I buy. (Leesa does have a very good satisfaction guarantee, but when we moved to a king our options were very limited because a traditional king won’t fit up our stairs. I didn’t think I would like any other mattress that would fit up here better so I am just living with it. But if we ever move somewhere I can get a different kind of king mattress into, it will be my first purchase!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

erv917 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    We have a Leesa too. My husband likes it, I do not. I much prefer the beauty rest mattress we had before. But I think mattresses are totally personal opinion, and I don’t think I will ever buy one again that I can’t try before I buy. (Leesa does have a very good satisfaction guarantee, but when we moved to a king our options were very limited because a traditional king won’t fit up our stairs. I didn’t think I would like any other mattress that would fit up here better so I am just living with it. But if we ever move somewhere I can get a different kind of king mattress into, it will be my first purchase!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you both! We actually got a Leesa for my DD. While it's nice and has worked well for her, it's actually what convinced me that I really prefer an innerspring to a foam mattress for myself/DH.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a few Saatva mattresses. Jury is still out for me. I keep a foam topper on our bed and I like it but don't love it. My husband loves it. It does feel like it's holding up much better than the more expensive mattress we had before though. No sags or dips or anything.

My middle and youngest have them too and our guest bedroom has one. The kids love them. My oldest will sleep in the guest bedroom when sick and wants that mattress instead of his (Beautyrest that isn't quite ready for replacement yet).

Still on the hunt for a mattress that both DH and I will love.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

I love my Mint by Tuft and Needle. Back injury here so the right mattress is very important. We have the regular T&N models for the kids.

Our Lowes has them for viewing and there's a store in our mall right now. I think certain Crate and Barrels may carry as well.

I've had it about a year now and it is awesome.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin