Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Are you F'ing kidding me??

Sorry, but I need to vent. So DS got a concussion at soccer practice last week. Today was his first symptom free day and he was doing great. He went to soccer practice tonight to watch only and got hit in the head again because the same kid kicked the ball directly at the bench that DS was sitting on while the rest of the team was at the goal on the opposite end. This kid is an idiot! He football tackled a kid at a game this past weekend and at the practice his kick his DS, he had tackled a kid, pulled another one's shorts down, and punched another one. The kick that hit DS was not intentional, but was done out of anger, hence the reason it was so hard. Every time this kid gets mad he just reacts and goes after someone. Who the hell kicks a ball at the bench where an injured kid is sitting (and the kids were told to be very careful not to kick balls that way) and then laughs about it when it hits him? I'm mad at myself for letting him go but honestly thought he'd be fine just watching. Ugh!!!

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Nooooooooooo! I am so sorry to hear that! I would be so furious if I were you. I hope your DS continues to heal quickly.
    Lizi

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

What does the coach do?? Yikes! Poor kid!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Omg, that's horrible! I'd be livid. Is DS ok?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    What does the coach do??
    Not to mention the parents of his victims? Clearly this teammate has impulse control issues, but that doesn't mean he gets to be physically aggressive to other kids. I get this was an accident, but the tackling and the pulling down shorts isn't. I'm so sorry. Was your kid okay following this incident? Did he have symptoms. You might just double check with the doc since it hasn't been that long since the initial injury.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Not to mention the parents of his victims? Clearly this teammate has impulse control issues, but that doesn't mean he gets to be physically aggressive to other kids. I get this was an accident, but the tackling and the pulling down shorts isn't. I'm so sorry. Was your kid okay following this incident? Did he have symptoms. You might just double check with the doc since it hasn't been that long since the initial injury.
    Everyone has just about had it. Even the kids notice. DS told me that at the practice he got his concussion, before it happened a few of them had a conversation with the kid and asked him why he was acting like that and what would your parents think? His response was that he's trying to get kicked off the team. I know his mom and she's very nice and i know fed up with him, but she thinks dad is feeding the problems (they aren't together) and she doesn't know what to do. DS is home with a headache and some dizziness this morning. He said he just wanted to sleep so I let him. I plan on calling the dr as soon as they open just to check and see if there's anything else we need to be doing. This is just so frustrating.

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That's terrible! I'm so sorry that happened. My DS had a bad concussion from hockey last year and I know how nervous I was that he'd be reinjured - I'm sure you are just sick over this. I think the coach needs to step up his management of this kid. That kind of behavior only stops if the coach enforces consequences - making him sit out, putting him on a three strike system and kicking him off etc. We've had issues with a player on my other DS's soccer team with horrible aggressive behavior (that kid didn't want to stop playing so being benched and told he couldn't even dress and show up for games fixed it quickly) - in this case maybe the coach needs to be told that the kid is purposefully misbehaving to get kicked off and have a talk with the family about re-evaluating whether their son should even be playing.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Oh I am so mad for you! I hope your DS feels better soon.

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That's terrible! Are the other kid's parents there when this is going on? IMO, I would ask the coach to have a parent stay at practice from now on. If a parent was there, what did they do?

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I hope he's ok now. I'm so sorry. I would have thought observing practice would have been completely safe too. That mama who knows her son is misbehaving needs to stay for every practice and watch him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast