Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Foundations for aging skin

Can we talk foundations? As I've gotten older I'm realizing that my MUFE HD foundation might not be the best for my skin anymore. I haven't tried many others, as this has been my holy grail foundation for a while now. I've used Bare Minerals (original loose powder) and it works well for me so long as I don't have dry patches on my face, and I like how easily portable it is when I'm traveling since it's not a liquid. I have rosacea and spider veins and feel like I need a little higher coverage. Has anyone used the BarePRO compact powder or liquid foundations?

I've also tried IT cosmetics CC cream and it just did not work for my skin at all - it separated easily and rubbed off easily and just didn't seem to be compatible. I would love to find a CC cream that covers well and looks natural on my skin, but it doesn't have to be a CC cream. I already do use moisturizer and sunscreen (and them primer) under my foundation.

My skin is very oily in the T-zone (I need to blot several times a day if I'm wearing makeup) and then I have dry patches on my nose and cheeks. I'm trying to be good about using BHA every day which helps keep the dry patches to a minimum.

I know I will still need to blot several times a day if I'm wearing makeup, so I'm not looking for something that will absorb or control oil, but I really hate wearing makeup and want something that looks super natural on my skin. I don't have a lot of wrinkles but I do have smile lines and some fine lines around my mouth/chin. What is your current favorite foundation?

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love Shape Tape Hydrating foundation. I think they are discontinuing it though so i just stocked up. A couple years ago in the dead of winter I marched into Ulta and begged for help. I had already tried the Chanel and other fancy counters. The tech there loved the shape tape - I think it was new at the time.

I was a Chanel girl for many years but as I got older and oddly drier, it stopped working.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have a ridiculous number of foundations. I also really liked the hydrating shape tape stuff but it is going away. I really like the Urban Decay Naked Skin but that might be going away too since they released Stay Naked (which would be a good match for your skin type). For medium coverage I currently love the Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion and the Luminous version. Estee Lauder Double Wear is great, as is the Too Faced Born This Way. Armani Luminous Silk is pretty but the Power Fabric is probably better for oily skin.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oooh, I hated Born this Way!! El double wear is an interesting choice. Ty!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm not sure about the aging skin criteria. I loved the new UD Stay Naked, but it broke me out horribly. I found EL Double Wear too heavy. I like Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder foundation, but it's so pricey. I liked the coverage/feel of Fenty, but it tended to slip off by the end of the day.

I have been a "high end" foundation snob for years, swearing that all the drug store ones break me out and I couldn't use them. Recently, on a whim, I tried Maybelline's Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation and I love it. It lasts, it blends and covers well (to me it looks natural) and it doesn't break me out. I was SO shocked. My only gripe is that it doesn't have a pump.
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I tried the Armani luminous silk when Sephora was having their sale..

I had been struggling with the IT CC cream, never really got that to work for me. Either it looked cakey or looked like nothing. I like the Armani as it seems more moisturizing and it comes in a ton of shades (the IT was never a great match for me). But it is $$ and it seems like I'm going through it quicker than the IT.

For reference, I am pale and freckled but with pink undertones. I use BHA and sunscreen in the AM, and moisturizer only in the PM in the winter. I don't get super oily but also don't have super dry skin. I use Too faced powder over the Armani foundation and I don't have to blot, but YMMV.

The other one I liked was Bare Minerals complexion rescue, but it may be less coverage than you are looking for.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I like that Armani foundation too. My current favorites are Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation and Chanel CC Cream when I don't want something as heavy.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post

The other one I liked was Bare Minerals complexion rescue, but it may be less coverage than you are looking for.
    I am now using this and I really like it! I agree the coverage is very minimal but it seems to be so good for my skin that I don't NEED very much of it. It is shiny but I kind of dig it. I love this on my aging skin!

I also used IT CC cream for a couple of years. I never loved the way it looked but it worked fantastically at keeping my skin protected from sun damage and keeping my skin tone even and feeling healthy and for that reason I kept at it. The BM Complexion Rescue is much lighter coverage but I have come to believe that I'd rather look at tiny imperfections on my skin than blotchy makeup. I think it is a personal preference.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My go to everyday combo is this...however my skin is not exactly the same, fairly normal to slightly oily, but not dry. This is light and easy for me

https://www.sephora.com/product/no-f...&skuId=2211886

https://www.sephora.com/product/no-f...&skuId=2211829

I use something else for night and while I like it, I keep looking for something else. (Make Up Forever Ultra HD).
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Listing only those that don't sit in lines that I like the best.

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet - beautiful beautiful finish medium coverage
    Maybelline Fit me Shine Free Foundation Stick - beautiful light seamless coverage that melts right into skin
    Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation - super light coverage just to even out skin tone
    L'Oreal True Match - lovely medium coverage
    Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able - full coverage that I cut with one of 3 liquid highlighters
    Catrice 1 Minute Face Perfector - light tinted moisturizer that is an out the door in a minute product

To sheer out fuller coverage or give the face a lit from within look I mix in Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter, Kevin Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Skin Liquid Lighting Highlighter, L'Oreal Lumi Glotion, or Milani Soft Glow.

Highly recco Angie's Youtube channel Hot & Flashy. She's upper 50's and very thorough. She's very spot on when it comes to products that will show age.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast