Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I have rosacea and spider veins and feel like I need a little higher coverage.
    Have you tried a color correcting product to apply over a primer but under a lighter weight foundation? The one high end stick full coverage foundation I love is Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick. It's definitely fuller coverage but pretty. The cheaper alternative to that is Fit Me Shine Free Foundation stick.

If your skin is decent other than areas you want to hide, perhaps a color corrector and foundation stick.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think we are close in age (I am 42) and I love Smashbox 15 Hour. They sell this at Nordstrom, Sephora, and Ulta. There are something like 30+ shades. I put it on at 5:30 or 6 am and it is still covering when I get home at 5 pm and most nights there is still remnants when I take off my make up at 9 when I get ready for bed.

I also really like Beautycounter’s Tint Skin foundation as well and for me it is more like a tinted moisturizer but it lasts all day as well. There are 10 shades (I actually think they added more shades recently), but I am the third shade and still pretty pale, but this works well for me. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also I highly doubt that Tarte is discontinuing Shape Tape foundation; I haven’t used it but it is a huge seller at Ulta (per Ulta) and I believe it is an exclusive to Ulta, and the Tarte website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post

Also I highly doubt that Tarte is discontinuing Shape Tape foundation; I haven’t used it but it is a huge seller at Ulta (per Ulta) and I believe it is an exclusive to Ulta, and the Tarte website.

Umm, so it’s no longer available at Ulta.com. They are also no longer selling it in my Ulta store. The Tarte website only has a few colors left.

I asked the cs rep via chat directly whether it’s going to be discontinued and she said something like, “I can’t confirm or deny that but if your color is left you should buy it. I recommend the Face Tape as our newest one.”

Also, I’m talking about the Hydrating one only.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by Kindra178; 09-20-2019 at 02:53 PM.

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    You are confusing Shape Tape with Face Tape.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Love No7 Lift and Luminate, but I am not oily. I tried a "sample" of Ulta's Youthful Glow foundation and I thought the finish felt soft and velvety. The sample was just from the tester onto my wrist, but I may try that next time I need foundation.
    https://www.ulta.com/youthful-glow-f...pimprod2003097

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Oooh, I hated Born this Way!! El double wear is an interesting choice. Ty!

I loved the ELa Double Wear but I couldn’t get a decent match, which was surprising because most other brands I have been able to match.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Umm, so it’s no longer available at Ulta.com. They are also no longer selling it in my Ulta store. The Tarte website only has a few colors left.

I asked the cs rep via chat directly whether it’s going to be discontinued and she said something like, “I can’t confirm or deny that but if your color is left you should buy it. I recommend the Face Tape as our newest one.”

Also, I’m talking about the Hydrating one only.

No I was totally thinking of the Shape Tape foundation but I guess I don’t pay much attention to the Tarte display as I usually just go in and get the Tarte Smoothing Primer, and my Shape Tape concealer and leave. I hadn’t even noticed the change.... to Face Tape.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I used to use the Bare Minerals powdered foundation but as I’m getting older, my skin is getting drier so it was starting to look cakey on me. I switched to Estee Lauder Double Wear and love how it looks and feels. I need full coverage due to some hyperpigmentation along my jawline and chin area and I get that with the DW. I Use a damp beauty blender to apply and set with Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray and it lasts all day without settling.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm in my mid-40's. I realized when I hit 40's, returned to full time work after being a sahm for 10 years, that bare minerals made me look AWFUL.

I've been happy with Tarte. I started out just using their primer, and then I tried their amazonian clay. I've tried shape tape as well as as their newest Foundcealer. They have all been good, except that shapetape doesn't have built in spf. I've also been pleased with their blush and eye shadows.

I have tried other expensive brand foundations and not had luck with them. Make sure too that you are using the right applicator or brush for these foundations, that does make a big difference.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne View Post
    Highly recco Angie's Youtube channel Hot & Flashy. She's upper 50's and very thorough. She's very spot on when it comes to products that will show age.
    Popping in to mention that I have been watching her YT videos today. She is great, and 56?????

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast