Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    They aren’t a thing here. And I bought one for dh like 4 years ago so they’re on my radar. Just asked my middle schooler and he says a few kids have them at school.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    It's a girl thing!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    It's a girl thing!

Totally. My MS boy ditched his hydroflask that he's used for 2+ years because they're such a popular girl thing now. Cracked me up - he's carried that thing all over the world and suddenly decided it's "too cool, mom."

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Totally. My MS boy ditched his hydroflask that he's used for 2+ years because they're such a popular girl thing now. Cracked me up - he's carried that thing all over the world and suddenly decided it's "too cool, mom."
    Yep.
    True story - my 9 year old son went to the same (relatively small - 250 campers per session) summer camp as another person on this board's 13 year old daughter. It was his first year and she had been there for several years so the 13 yo's mom was very helpful in telling me what to pack, etc. So when he got home, I reported back to her that the only additional things he said he needs next year are a water bottle with stickers and a deck of cards. She proceeded to tell me about hydroflasks and red bubble stickers. Nope, he doesn't care. Just has to be a water bottle with stickers. Free water bottle from the library was totally fine as long as he could put stickers on it. But looking at the photos every night, it seemed like every girl had a hydroflask with stickers. I have a friend who has girls who are 11 and 13. They went to an 8 week camp. For visiting day, both girls requested hydroflasks. The Nalgene bottles from last year were no longer the thing. We're in Michigan, the camp was in Indiana, and my friend's kids go to camp in Massachusetts.
    (and for the record, I am definitely not anti-hydroflask - I have had one since before they were a thing. I recommend 18 oz wide mouth with a kleen kanteen sport cap)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This thread explains a lot! Like some other PPs, I have had Hydroflasks for several years — I know they’re good quality but I had no idea they were now a thing. Recently my 9th grade DGD1 was disgusted when a few of her classmates were deliberately destroying their Hydroflasks because they had gotten stained or something and they wanted to force their parents to buy new ones. I shared her reaction but was baffled about their motivation.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Three tween/teen girls and many Hydro Flasks here! My youngest daughter found this sticker pack to decorate hers (and her friends as well).
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by athompson View Post
    Three tween/teen girls and many Hydro Flasks here! My youngest daughter found this sticker pack to decorate hers (and her friends as well).
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Somehow I suspect that the other styles of the same brand of stickers — especially US Presidents — are not as popular!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post

We just hosted a Jolyn (swimwear) trunk show and DD scored a bunch of stickers for her Hydroflask .

All the swimmers on DD’s team have jolyn stickers on their hydroflasks. VSCO girls who swim definitely wear Jolyns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The fun and huge Jolyn Van was here, it's so cute, they had all kinds of fun stuff set up, DD got a few freebie's too for helping set it up. The rep had the biggest hydroflask I had ever seen too lol!!!!
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2khj View Post
    32oz with straw lid. Dicks/REI sometimes has them on sale, or can use coupon.
    This. They are really good quality, DD has kept hers for about 3 years. They keep my water cold all day. Worth it for us.

I wouldn't buy many stickers, part of the fun is getting stickers from events/tournaments/travel.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    They aren’t a thing here. And I bought one for dh like 4 years ago so they’re on my radar. Just asked my middle schooler and he says a few kids have them at school.
    Your middle schooler's a boy though, right? It's a huge trend with girls. I think giving a gift of a knockoff Hydroflask would go over like a lead balloon. It's possible your school's late to the trend, but it will be popular there soon.

It's so funny that they are such a trend. They aren't especially cute, and a few years back only my hardcore ultra-marathoner friend had one at the pool. He's also a marine and raved about how they kept things cold in desert situations. He'd leave one in his vehicle for a day and the water would still be cool. Now all the older girls on swim team have them. At least this trend has a function. Hydroflasks are so expensive because they developed the design. They're much better than a thermos or even a Swell.

I agree with stalking REI for a good price. It used to be the colors like pink and orange that would go on sale, now I bet those are the popular colors so maybe they won't go on sale. I feel like I got ours from Costco, but I may be wrong. We have the sport cap and don't have problem closing them. I hate drinking from straws.
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 09-20-2019 at 06:24 AM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast