Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default Hydroflask Questions

We’ve used Hydroflasks for the past couple years. I love it as I can fill it with ice water and even after being left in the hot car all day, it still has ice left! I have the 20 oz widemouth with both the flip lid and handle lid for everyday. DH uses the 32 oz regularly and DS1 has the 64 oz that he brings to soccer games/track meets.
    If you have a Paper Store near you (Hallmark), they regularly have 25-40% coupons that the Hydroflasks are eligible for. They don’t have as many colors but I’ve gotten navy, aqua, bright pink, white and ice blue there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

They are regularly on sale during Dicks flash sales. I've picked clearance colors at our local Omega sports store and have seen them on sale at REI. Whole Foods also has them 30% off when they put reusable water bottles on sale.

It's not a thing here b/c most kids already have some type of "cool" branded water bottle. Surprised for it to be a status thing - around here is it "YETI."

They work well but are not a great "value" but probably not your concern. I've had a great experience with the RTIC brand for school. The kids size is awesome for keeping water cold. I had ice the next evening still in the bottle when I went to empty and clean.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by marymoo86 View Post

It's not a thing here b/c most kids already have some type of "cool" branded water bottle. Surprised for it to be a status thing - around here is it "YETI."
    I have no idea what middle-schoolers in my city are carrying since DS is in 4th grade and carries the 16-oz. Funtainer. My DS has a Hydroflask that he bought four or five years ago, but yes, I see YETI all of the place. My mom gave me a pink one with my name in sparkly letters last Christmas. Maybe it's an N.C./Southern Virginia thing?
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Hydroflask Questions

My 32oz. Hydroflask is almost 4 years old and it is dinged up but it still keeps water cold. They hold up quite well. My only wish was that car manufacturers made cup holders large enough for it. That was the main reason I switched to the smaller narrower 21 oz size was because it fit in the cup holder.

Dd1 is really over this whole VSCO girl thing (I honestly just found out about it 2 weeks ago) and she feels like all of the tweens at her school and ballet are embracing it and it bugs her. She is no longer wearing scrunchies which she started wearing a few years back in her ballet bun and again she had a Hydroflask (bought with her own money) 2.5 years ago. She is thankful she didn’t get into the whole metal straw thing. And don’t ask her what those girls do when you accidentally drop your Hydroflask.....they make this god awful squeal.

I agree if the op’s child is responsible I would just get the Hydroflask. I have never paid more than $27 for one on Amazon, but the Hydroflask site often has sales on discontinued colors.

In my area of Los Angeles Yetis are popular with adults and have been popular for about the last 5-6 years. I don’t have one but I bought DH the beer coozie a few years ago and he likes it.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Yeah, that VSCO article was interesting. I clearly run in a different circle.

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Yeah, that VSCO article was interesting. I clearly run in a different circle.
    A few weeks ago DD in 5th grade said she needed to take a Hydroflask to school that day. She typically uses a different water bottle because our Hydroflasks have screw off lids and the teachers like water bottles that are one piece and can’t spill. I let her take it then at the bus stop she talked about being a disco girl for the day. At least that’s what I thought she said. She didn’t look that disco to me but she was happy about it. It wasn’t until a few days later that another mom filled me in about VSCO girls. She also though it was disco but actually took the time to look it up. Clearly I need to pay more attention.

We also have had Hydroflasks for a few years that I have found on clearance at Home Goods. I also have one for food that I got because it is bigger than the thermos ones that don’t hold enough for us now. I knew nothing about the stickers until this thread.

I can’t imagine sending a Hydroflask to camp. We joke about how much the kids are going to lose and how many things they will come back with that are not theirs. DS has lost his water bottle 3 years in a row.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have a Takeya I found at Target and I LOVE it! I would not waste $ on a hydroflask for a middle schooler, most of the knock off brands look just as nice and work well enough that I can't justify it.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    a few weeks ago dd in 5th grade said she needed to take a hydroflask to school that day. She typically uses a different water bottle because our hydroflasks have screw off lids and the teachers like water bottles that are one piece and can’t spill. I let her take it then at the bus stop she talked about being a disco girl for the day. At least that’s what i thought she said. She didn’t look that disco to me but she was happy about it. It wasn’t until a few days later that another mom filled me in about vsco girls. She also though it was disco but actually took the time to look it up. Clearly i need to pay more attention.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I have a Takeya I found at Target and I LOVE it! I would not waste $ on a hydroflask for a middle schooler, most of the knock off brands look just as nice and work well enough that I can't justify it.
    The Takeyas at my Target a few months ago were only a $1 or $2 cheaper than a Hydroflask iirc. The best deal on Takeya is at Costco or at least was a few months ago.

Dd1 also liked the designs on the Simple Modern ones at Target, but didn’t like the finger loop on the straw lid.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

The thermo flask from Costco are very good quality - as good as HF - at a fraction of the cost. Probably not the best for a GIFT but for regular purchase I’d totally recommend.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast