Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default What can I do with old Ipod shuffles?

I feel like I've found myself wishing for additional iPod's, iPhones before. Maybe when I'm using my phone for one thing but I also want to listen to music. Now my SIL is giving away two old iPod shuffles and an old iPhone 5c and I can't remember what I thought it would be useful for!

What have you done with your old tech? Or have you just recycled yours?

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If they are in good working condition, they are good for bedtime music. If you don't have a use, you might see if a nursing home might want to set them up for residents to listen to music, or something like that

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Kid audiobooks in the car. Zero distractions, just the audiobook. Obviouslydon't use shuffle mode for that, but the shuffle works great.

Oh man, so much fun! Just the nostalgia makes them awesome. My husband used to work at Apple, so we had lots of them, but we gave them all to nieces and nephews, and then, got phones, and didnt need them anymore. I think that I would download all my favorite music from the year that my daughter was born and then give it to her to do whatever she wants with.

(My daughter wants one so bad. If you (or anyone else), decides to sell one, pm me. I'd love to get one for her, but don't want to have to go searching for it. lol.)

People pay good money for shuffles, people really miss them. I use my phone for pretty much everything, but I see the appeal. Why run down your phones battery? Or if you're exercising who wants a big clunky phone.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH keeps his old iPods in his car, always hooked up to the audio system. Doesn't have to worry Bluetooth, his phone's battery, taking up storage space on his phone, transferring files when he gets a new phone. Just serves as a hard drive for all his music.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I loved the shuffles. I think they were at the perfect point without too much tech, but just the right function and size.

khm is online now Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I've seen some viral facebook post about loading them up with old music and giving them to nursing homes or Alzheimers centers. I have no idea if that's a real thing or some weird facebook thing that's only job is to go viral......

Setting it up for car music is a good idea if you have an older car that doesn't have a hard drive or an SD/USB slot or whatever.

The 5C could be used for iMessage when its on wifi, that could definitely come in handy with a younger kid.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My smart phone free dad (69 next month) still uses his shuffle. He adds and subtracts music from it on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

These are exactly the kinds of uses I'm thinking of. I'm not super techy. I'd love to be able to play books for the kids. Will Shuffles play audio books? Can you download from Libby onto a shuffle? Or how would that work?

THANK YOU!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast