Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Should I presume purse is a fake?? MZ Wallace

So I am eyeing a MZ Wallace purse, NWT on EBay. I didn't start out looking for one there but found one and the seller had 5 and has sold 3 leaving 2. Its $75, which just seems too good to be true. Poshmark has preowned bags, same style for more $. As I am writing this I guess I am answering my own question. Any thoughts to share or is it a ‘too good to be true’ case.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes it's fake

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Could be a warehouse sale purchase that seller is trying to unload.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Definitely fake. There used to be an EBay forum where you could ask experts about specific listings to see if an item was fake or not. Not sure if it still exists.

ETA: Sorry, I should have said “likely fake”. I used to follow those EBay forums very closely and learned a lot. You really can’t trust reviews because the average buyer isn’t likely to do research or care. It is possible the seller bought at a warehouse sale but then as PP said there should be a mark to indicate that. There is also usually a limit at those sales to prevent resale. So if seller has 5 of same bag then that is highly suspect. IME, 99% of time if it seems to good to be true...
    Last edited by mmsmom; 09-20-2019 at 07:03 PM.

I would be cautious, but I wouldn't necessarily assume it's fake. How much feedback does the seller have? What bag is it? If it's like a Micro-Crosby those are only $125 new. And like Kindra said MZW had a HUGE days-long warehouse sale with amazing deals. Does the inside label have a ink mark through it? Share the listing, let us see!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

There is still a discussion forum on eBay where you can ask questions to help determine authenticity , it's now called Fashion and some of the very knowledgeable eBay purse experts are still on there. They have made it difficult to find but you should be able to figure it out.

Also, just because they may have good feedback doesn't mean too much, many buyers are naive and can't tell fakes.

I think I found the listing and it's not fake. I haven't heard of fake MZW, it's not really a popular enough or expensive enough brand for someone to go through the trouble of creating the fake branding. There are knock-offs with similar styling, but not fakes.

The eBay listing I saw was for a Chelsea bag and the description identified it as a Goldwell bag. This was a promo item for buying Goldwell hair products. I have a medium magnet Metro that I received as a freebie for buying around $150 in Goldwell products in 2015. If you Google Goldwell MZ Wallace you'll see a number of images for the Chelsea bag pop up.

I have a MZW Chelsea that I bought for around $100 new directly from MZW. It's a nice enough bag and $75 is a decent price, but not a screaming deal.

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

Thank you all so much for your replies. Roobee that makes sense as I had missed the Goldwell line and all the sellers other products are hair related.

Quote Originally Posted by roobee View Post
    I think I found the listing and it's not fake. I haven't heard of fake MZW, it's not really a popular enough or expensive enough brand for someone to go through the trouble of creating the fake branding. There are knock-offs with similar styling, but not fakes.

I agree, there are knockoffs of their styles, but they're not exactly Louis Vuitton, I don't think anyone's making counterfeits. It's still a brand with a small (but loyal!) following.

OP, are you bidding? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast