Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've got the Gunstock color on our floors. Not too dark. Not too light. Fairly neutral overall. I'm really not a fan of the lighter colored floors. Here's an example:
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Leg...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mmsmom View Post
    I consider them a medium dark. My mom has floors that are much darker and they definitely show everything. Our floors definitely show more than a lighter color would. We have a lot of rugs so the only large space of floor is in the kitchen. We have weekly housekeeping and I run the Roomba when we are out a couple days a week. Before we had a Roomba I would sweep under kitchen table a couple days a week. I do not find it that difficult and to me the look is worth it but if you have several large areas without rugs then it may be more upkeep.
    We refinished our floors a few years ago and I'd say ours are also a medium dark shade. Before it was a yellowish oak and I much prefer the new floors. I'd agree with everything mmsmon says. We also have area rugs in each room, a roomba, and weekly housekeeping. It's also one of my DS2's chores to vacuum the kitchen and dining room daily.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love the look of light. But I think it's a trend and it might not be fashionable in 20 years. I know nothing about specific colors but I love my friend's new floors. They're wide planks, greyish, matte, and gorgeous. They show nothing and the whole space looks so expansive and beautiful!

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Our floors are distressed hickory and I love it sooo much dirt and specks don’t show because of the distressed finish
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2