Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Facebook spam from ThirdLove

How can I stop this? I selected "hide all ads from ThirdLove" on Facebook around the beginning of this year, at the same time I requested removal from their email list. This worked until Memorial Day weekend when I got about a dozen ThirdLove ads in my Facebook feed within the span of a about an hour. Each was from a different lifestyle blogger who had partnered with ThirdLove. Apparently these partnerships are a workaround to reach customers who have opted to hide ads from a given advertiser? When I clicked to see "Why am I seeing this", Facebook indicates that ThirdLove uploaded my information in a hashed list to create a targeted audience for their ads.

I've emailed ThirdLove's customer service about this and they claim they can't fix this and I need to change my Facebook advertising preferences so I receive random ads not based on my interests.

I can't find any way to contact Facebook about this loophole, but have reported each and every ad as spam.

This all started when I bought two ThirdLove bras. One fit OK and looked pretty, bu the other had stupidly short straps, even when adjusted to its longest possible length. I tried to leave a review, thinking that if I had seen any reviews describing this problem, I would have avoided that style. ThirdLove didn't publish my negative review. They also refused to provide me information about strap length of other styles so I could make an informed exchange for a bra more likely to fit. Apparently this is proprietary information! I did end up with a replacement bra that fit, but in a color and style I didn't like, because of lack of options. It has poor support and the straps slip like crazy every time I wear it. To sum up, I hate the company and their products. I would NEVER purchase from them again. It is DISHONEST to moderate/curate reviews to boost product ratings and unhelpful to suppress fit information like strap length. I don't want to see their ads. Every time I see another ad - and I generally get a new blogger Facebook ad every week, more on long weekends - I get angry all over again.

Edited to add - by "how do I stop this?" I mean how can I escalate this (to Facebook, ThirdLove, the Better Business Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, etc) so that it will stop. I should not have to change my search habits to avoid these ads. I should be able to search for underwear from other companies. A simple "hide all from ThirdLove" should have been sufficient. This is as bad as the "Rachel from card services" scam calls that have stopped me from answering my phone unless I recognize the number. It is not the strategy of a reputable company! It is harassment.
    Last edited by ncat; 09-27-2019 at 08:59 AM. Reason: more bitching
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13