Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LBW View Post
    Did you go into Settings > Ads and change preferences there? Doing so might help. Under "Your Interests" and "Advertisers and Businesses", see if ThirdLove is listed. If they are, you can remove them. You can also change settings in some of the other areas of the Ads section that might help.
    Whoa! The interests page is alarming! I will never "like" anything again unless the generator/source is a person or company I specifically want to follow. But there was nothing there that should invite an onslaught of bra ads from ThirdLove.

I was also able in "Advertisers" to remove a slew of potential advertisers that looked like they are lifestyle bloggers.

ThirdLove itself was already hidden - I did that back in January or February and that has successfully hidden all their ads that come directly from ThirdLove and not from partners.
    Last edited by ncat; 09-23-2019 at 05:20 PM. Reason: spelling
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

One thing you might change is searching for something else entirely online such as furniture or running shoes or pet food. That will change things up sufficiently.
    K

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    One thing you might change is searching for something else entirely online such as furniture or running shoes or pet food. That will change things up sufficiently.
    I do a lot of searching for work and get a kick out of the very nerdy targeted ads that I get from my searches.
    I also get a lot of ads related to vacation/travel searches I've done.
    And my husband's searches (different computer/phone and different accounts, but same IP address) which are generally fishing and exercise equipment.

I don't think I can do any more searching. I may try changing my email that is associated with Facebook, since a random new address should not match ThirdLove's list.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's totally irritating!!! ThirdLove doesn't even carry my size so I really REALLY don't want to see all their FB ads!

If it makes you feel any better, last week I got a FB ad for Charmin's "Forever Roll" of toilet paper. Yes, it's exactly what you think it is. And I have no idea what kinds of searches I've been doing online that would make Big Brother want to try to sell me a Forever Roll of toilet paper.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, last week I got a FB ad for Charmin's "Forever Roll" of toilet paper. Yes, it's exactly what you think it is. And I have no idea what kinds of searches I've been doing online that would make Big Brother want to try to sell me a Forever Roll of toilet paper.
    Now I’m really curious about the Forever Roll, but I’m not going to google it lest my FB/instagram feeds get clogged up with more ads. (So far, my ads are mainly for really unattractive, cheap-looking clothes from places I’ve never heard of...)

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It's totally irritating!!! ThirdLove doesn't even carry my size so I really REALLY don't want to see all their FB ads!

I got that same ad SO many times in the last month. And, yeah, I have no idea why they think I want that giant thing! When I first saw it, i thought someone had made a gag "ad" and shared it. Then I realized that it didn't have anyone's name attached!
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    I got that same ad SO many times in the last month. And, yeah, I have no idea why they think I want that giant thing! When I first saw it, i thought someone had made a gag "ad" and shared it. Then I realized that it didn't have anyone's name attached!
    They're real, and they're....spectacular? I actually did Google when I first saw it to see if it was for real. And came across this lifehacker review that is TOTALLY worth reading: https://lifehacker.com/should-you-bu...oll-1834989303

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They're real, and they're....spectacular? I actually did Google when I first saw it to see if it was for real. And came across this lifehacker review that is TOTALLY worth reading: https://lifehacker.com/should-you-bu...oll-1834989303
    I'll admit that I kind of considered ordering one for my dad who has no toilet paper holder in his main bathroom, so you have to reach behind you to grab the roll off the thing, but the sheer size made me not.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My first thought when I saw the photo, before I read the review, was "who wants to look like you stole an industrial size roll from your work's supply closet?" Definitely entertaining. And the idea of signing up for Subscribe and Save is ... um ... interesting.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

They're real, and they're....spectacular? [/url]
    K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast