Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default CVS Pharmacy Automated RX Calls. Grrrrr

Nonstop. No, I don't want constant texts and phone calls asking if I want to refill each and every rx. And when the call doesn't go through, they keep calling. Automated. Annoying. Had to be on hold for an eternity with CVS corporate just to try to remove all automated calls and texts. Does anyone else have this issue with CVS?
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Annoying!

I was able to change my notifications setting in my online CVS account.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Annoying!

That's good to know. I had to switch from CVS for insurance reasons at the beginning of 2017, but those calls used to annoy the heck out of me. I remember asking about it at the store and the tech said there was nothing you could really do to stop them. Glad to see that has changed.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    That's good to know. I had to switch from CVS for insurance reasons at the beginning of 2017, but those calls used to annoy the heck out of me. I remember asking about it at the store and the tech said there was nothing you could really do to stop them. Glad to see that has changed.
    That's weird, I was able to have the pharmacist stop the notifications for me when I picked up a prescription. I don't have (nor do I want) an online cvs account.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

YES!! Except mine are texts. They just automatically refill my rx's and then tell me they are ready. and then text me reminders they are ready. multiple times.
    I've asked them several times to take them off autofill but it doesn't seem to have worked. And then it seems within minutes of picking up a rx they send an email survey about my experience at the store. ugh..
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    That's weird, I was able to have the pharmacist stop the notifications for me when I picked up a prescription. I don't have (nor do I want) an online cvs account.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    From what I remember, I was told they couldn't control the frequency. Like you either had to be all in or not get anything at all. I didn't mind a call telling me my script was ready. I just didn't want one every day, but from what I was told, I was stuck unless I just canceled.

I'm with Walgreen's now. While I still prefer CVS' services, Walgreen's notifications are way less bothersome.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Same problem here! I kept getting texts telling me I needed to refill a med.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yep, it's annoying!!! I have a vitamin D prescription that I'm not allowed to get longer than a 30-day supply for...so every month...DING!!! DING!!! DING!!!

And then for the stuff I DON'T want re-filled...like the $90 inhaler that I only needed once but somehow it was auto-refilled...I don't want it refilled! But DING!!! DING!!! DING!!! Your prescription will be placed back on the shelf if you don't pick it up within 8 days. DING!!! 7 days. DING!!! 6 days. DING!!!

OMFG!

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Annoying!

Me too! I do NOT want CVS to auto fill my prescriptions or to inundate me with notifications. So far, I’ve been pretty successful in avoiding these by checking my online account (via the app) whenever there’s any change, and fix these settings if necessary. Apparently a new Rx or renewal of an existing one for another year or whatever may result in auto fill being checked. Looks like anything on auto fill will automatically result in a phone call or text message.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jerigirl View Post
    And then it seems within minutes of picking up a rx they send an email survey about my experience at the store. ugh..
    That's my least favorite part of "the CVS shopping experience"!! So far I haven’t figured out how to stop those. I just delete...

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast