Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congratulations!! Dream city! Enjoy your snow free life....I would move NOW before winter hits or you ca just tell the kids every time there is a snowstorm: well, we will be so DONE with this next year
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh wow congrats!!! How exciting!!!

Have you visited the area yet? Maybe join a private Facebook group for San Diego moms to get your specific questions answered.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Congratulations! Very jealous, enjoy your new adventures!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yay! Congratulations! I think Pinay is from that area. School starts in mid August in most of SoCal so you may not have a lot of time in between your move and school starting, but I don’t think that is a bad thing. Let me ask around with my coworkers about some independent living communities. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your new life out West! I have a friend whose kids go to the Poway school district; 4th and 6th. She’s very happy with it! I’ll PM you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

sdjeppa is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Congrats! I hope you love it here. I’ll ask around about the independent living places, my Mom has some friends in that part of town. As far as schools, I have friends in both Poway and 4S Ranch, I don’t think you can go wrong anywhere in the area as far as schools, but it might be worth looking at the school district websites to see if any schools have specific programs you might be interested in. PM me if you have any specific questions and I can look into it.

We moved from Maryland to San Diego 8 years ago. Love love love this area! PM me if you have questions.

Congrats!
    I could swear that I had posted corporate relo tips in the past but it's not coming up in my search.
    My number one tip about doing a corporate relo is to make sure that you are there when the estimator comes, and make sure that they see every nook and cranny where you have "stuff". I didn't understand this the first time we did corporate relo, my husband did the estimator tour, and they ended up not being able to get us packed in time for our move date, and had to pull in some local movers to get it done.
    Also, get "priority boxes" written in to the contract - they go on the truck last and come off the truck first. If your car is going on the truck, put anything you would need the first night - bedding, vacuum cleaner, etc. in your car and you'll know right where they are when it rolls off the truck. That could replace priority boxes.
    And get anything that is the least bit out of the ordinary written down when the estimator comes. Like we had a box spring in our basement that needed to go out to the curb to be thrown away and I got the estimator to put that in the contract.
    If you have an option for unpacking, have them unpack the kitchen at a minimum.
    If you're still negotiating for the job, see if your mom's stuff can go on the truck with yours - that would need to be in the contract now.
    You may not be seeing the estimator for months, but just in case I wanted to get this out now.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    - anyone know anything about the independent living areas near these areas (I've found 2 online and called both) -- any elderly consultant (does this exist) in the area?
    La Costa Glen is really, really fantastic! Feel free to ask any questions.
    http://www.lacostaglen.com/?gclid=EA...SAAEgL8M_D_BwE

ETA: There “sister” health center is also amazing (assisted living, skilled nursing etc.)
    http://www.visitglenbrook.com/
    Last edited by urquie; 10-04-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Congratulations! I think you will be very happy there. It is a great place to raise kids. The lifestyle is very different from where you are now, but I really think you'll like it. So much outdoor recreation!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast