Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

I am so sorry for your loss.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just want to say how sorry i am to read this. I do want to add though to please don't get rid of your husbands' belongings quickly; my mom did (I was 18 when my dad died) and regretted it instantly. We have VERY few items of clothing left and I wish we had a few more favorites (he was known for plaid shirts!).

Health wise everyone else has already said it - mammo, heart stuff, etc.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would caution you not to make any major decisions, like someone said, getting rid of items etc, if needed, put things out of sight if painful.

Also, due to the stress some of your labs, and test results could be skewed, I know you feel a sense of urgency to make sure you are healthy, but take your time.

If you can, rely on one or two people to be your go to person, let them know that you may need them at anytime, I'm sure they will make sure to provide you with extra support and will be grateful you trust them to be there for you.

All of the holidays can be so difficult, and you will know how to honor and remember your dh, and include the kids in what you do (if you do stockings etc, what you want to do). Grief support groups are wonderful at navigating these milestones.

Come to this board too whenever .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I read your post a few days ago and didn’t have time to respond but I’ve been thinking about you and your family a lot these past few days. I’m so deeply sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine the waves of grief and panic that must be washing over you. Please know that I’m keeping you and your family in my daily prayers and sending positive thoughts.

Dh and I had been fighting a bit lately until I heard about your Dh who is the same age as us. It made me realize how stupid all our arguments are. Many hugs to you.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I’m so sorry to hear this. How devastating. I hope you have friends and family to lean on. I’d start with a full physical and make sure you are up to date on your mammogram and paps. A skin check is a good idea too. Hope you have a lot of support IRL. Sending my love.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband. My deepest condolences to you and your children.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

So very very sorry. I have three friends who recently lost their husbands. They are walking this painful road with strength and grace they never knew they had, as will you. Again, so very sorry.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry to hear this Tara!

Please do not hesitate to ask others for help for anything--kids, carpool, lawn care, advice, etc. People want to help in many ways. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    K

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I couldn't read and not respond.

I have no words of wisdom, just felt the need to let you know I'm thinking of you and your kiddos.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry to hear this. You will be in my prayers.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast